“I can't knock it . . . but the knocking kept me awake.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta-Peachtree Corners/Norcross
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This facility looks fairly new and has a lot to offer. The free breakfasts are excellent (eggs, sausage, potatoes, cereals, etc.). They have popcorn, coffee and a nice selection of teas in the lobby all day and night. They provide a free dinner also, but I really cannot judge the dinners. What I saw of them wasn't that thrilling. I stayed three nights, but got in too late for dinner the first night and there was no dinner served on Friday, the third night. On Thursday, dinner was hot dogs and chilli, which is a good choice for kids who eat meat. They did have salad, but as a hungry vegetarian adult, I went out for dinner. Adjacent to the property is a shopping center with a Publix market, a TJ Max and other stores. The suites are nice and come with a frig and microwave and stove, with all the dishes and cooking utensils you need. I had a couple of problems with the hotel, however. I had to fight with the closet doors to close them; they seemed to jam up in their tracks every time. And sleeping was difficult, despite the comfortable bed and pillows, for two reasons: (1) the television in my bedroom area (there are two t.v.s) turned itself on at about 3 a.m. (was it responding to a remote in an adjacent room or did I just have a ghost?) and (2) the pipes in the bathroom knocked loudly throughout the night, every night. They sounded like someone beating on the walls with a hard object, but it was not people in neighboring rooms. This may be one of the best values in the area, with rates that dropped precipitously as the weekend neared. If you go, get a GPS, both to get to the property and to get from the property to anyplace in the area.

Room Tip: If possible, before unpacking try the room out for a few hours. Use the facilities. Run water. If...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 December 2011

I have stayed here a few times while doing business in the Atlanta area and have enjoyed my stays. Its not super luxurious and it seems like the rooms may be due for a renovation in a year or two but overall its solid. The breakfast is standard and they offer decent free dinner at night along with beer and wine which certainly is a plus after a long day. The location is quiet and convenient so it makes for a good choice when in the area doing business. If I was vacationing with my family I would probably stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I stayed here with my wife, our 3-month-old daughter, and a family friend while we were in town for a convention at the Gwinnett Center in Duluth. The service was fantastic. When we booked our room, our preferred room type wasn't available for all of the nights, but the website allowed us to say what our preferred type was in case one came available. When we arrived to check in, our key was waiting for us, and when we walked into the room, we had been given our preferred room type, and the pack-and-play for our daughter was set up and ready for her. We experienced that same type of exceptional service throughout our stay. It was also a great value. Also, the room cost significantly less than similar properties closer to the Gwinnett Center. It is located close to the highway, so it was very easy to get to anywhere we wanted to go. It was a good value with great service. What more can you ask? If we find ourselves in that part of the Atlanta area again, we would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Gleece
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We stayed here over labor day weekend and it was not a pleasant experience. This must be the only hotel in America that can run out of coffee at breakfast! Staff were surly , other than a lovely lady at checkout. All ares look in desperate need of decoration, but are clean. No Wi-Fi in the room drove my teens to distrction. I wouldn't stay here again

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Very friendly and caring staff. Free breakfast and dinner (the Mexican night was actually very good!). True, no wifi in the room, but there was a fast cable connection, and wifi was available in the lobby. Highly recommended for longer stays.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business