“Good place for sandwiches to meal”
Review of Butcher Block Deli

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Butcher Block Deli
Ranked #10 of 71 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Friendly, clean little restaurant in downtown Monroe. They have a good menu with lots of options for being a small restaurant. I haven't had anything that wasn't good.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

A nice spot close to the courthouse. I had the chopped steak with potato salad and green beans. The sweet tea just made it all come together. My wife had the chopped steak, as well, but had collards and fried okra. Everything was very good. Worth a trip to Monroe just to go there.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

The food at this restaurant is so awesome and the service was outstanding. We stopped driving from Snellville to this restaurant for a while however; we will be back frequently and bring folks with us!!!!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Comfort food at good prices. Cucumber and tomato salad is very good. Grilled chicken tasty but has gristle- last 2 times. Good desserts but they run out quickly.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

We've always enjoyed the food at Butcher Block, but was disappointed in the restaurant last night. On Friday night the sign on the door shows a 9:00 closing time. We arrived at 7:20 and received our food at 7:40. At 7:50 the waitresses starting placing the chairs up on the tables, loudly I might add (we were at a booth) and sweeping the floor. I asked "what time do you close?" and was told "9:00 but we're closing a little early tonight." About that time three ladies came in and I heard the waitress say, "we're closing at 8:00 but I guess we can serve you." This was at ten of eight. We didn't like the fact that the chairs were being slammed on tables and the floor was being swept while we were trying to enjoy our meal. My husband complained to the very rude cashier who said, "if they don't start cleaning now they'll be here til midnight," this at a few minutes past 8:00. She was not at all concerned that we were not happy. The City of Monroe encourages us to shop downtown and eat downtowns. Obviously this restaurant doesn't care if we do or not. I wonder if Mr. Stalvey okayed the early closing and all that went along with it.