“This will be the one where I stay”
Review of Deer Acre Inn

Deer Acre Inn
Deer Acre Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed 1 January 2014

when I go to visit family in Monroe - $50+tax with free internet. Tried the one in the center of town: Country Hearth - but too cramped, grim and airless in their only available $60+tax nonsmoking room (handicapped with no proper place to hang clothes and a walk-in shower placed at nipple height). Guess I prefer the older-style motels with doors that open to the outside - since fresh air is kind of a priority for me.

Next day, we looked at the Monroe Motor Inn ($39ish for a double and quite old/basic) and the Walton Inn - my 2nd choice, off by itself and well-equipped enough - $45 flat rate for cash. We didn't try to bargain for a better rate.

Deer Acres was in a peaceful location, tucked well away from the road facing horse pastures, and appeared to be the best-equipped, best-run ship of all. A friendly greeting from an older East Indian woman, and a younger one at the desk inside, with clean/tidy rooms. My sister told me not to come here, since she'd seen it years ago and thought it was an unsafe dump - but maybe it's under new management, since the only criticism she had this time when she came into our room was that the painting over the bed wasn't to her taste (I mean, are they ever?? Lol.) The only minus that I noticed were a couple of burn marks in the shape of an iron on the carpet - otherwise in good shape.

Though it was late December and cold outside, we needed no heat - just fell asleep to the sound of the rain, and slept like babies. It was a Saturday night, so we expected to hear something from the nearby bar (in a separate building further back from the road), but I heard nothing except - only briefly - faint music, and (once) a loudish car going by.

Anyway - after seeing everything in Monroe except the B&B - Deer Acres will be my first choice the next time we visit. Never bother writing reviews in general (thus this is my first one), but wanted to give them a good write-up since the others here sound somewhat trollish.

Room Tip: We chose a downstairs king about halfway down the line from the office. Though there were cars parke...
Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Mass_traveler2014

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed there for one night. It was a terrible experience.There were people running around being loud. They were purposely banging on my door loudly 4 times that night between 6PM to 12AM all for amusement . I couldn't sleep at all. The towels were very thin and past their useful life. All of the pillow cases were dirty. One pillow case looked like someone had bled on it. Breakfast was cardboard. No milk. No cereal. No waffles. Simply no hot breakfast. There were visible mold all around where the carpet meet the wall. It is not worth the $57 I paid for. I am upset. I am not happy at all. I am not pleased with my first stay. I will not stay there again. Avoid this hotel at all cost if u can.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mongolianga m
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Attended a concert at Fuzions last Friday night and this hotel is adjacent to the Fuzions parking lot. Not wanting to drive after that party, a friend and I got a double room. Like I said above the picture is VERY DECEIVING. This is a basic...and I mean very basic hotel. I think it is an old Days Inn. That being said, I didn't see any bugs and it was clean, The linens were old and it could use a coat of paint, but if all you're doing is staying the night after a night of drinking, I have stayed in worse.

Room Tip: Stay on first floor so you don't have to schlep luggage up the stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank KathiBIngGA
Reviewed 14 May 2012

There is a bar called Fuzions behind Deer Acres Inn and one of my friends had a birthday party there and got a room at the hotel to stay in afterwards. Although everything in the room appeared to be in decent shape and clean in this former Days Inn, after sitting on one of the beds for awhile I went into the bathroom and thought I felt something crawling on my back. Sure enough, there was a cockroach (or some sort of similar insect) on my back, and I had never been so disgusted before in a hotel room in my life. Luckily I don't live too far from the hotel so I didn't have to stay here overnight, but if you are considering staying here, I would advise staying somewhere else in Monroe, such as the Country Hearth Inn, as this place is quite literally a roach motel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank pacfolly
Reviewed 28 January 2011

stayed at deer acres inn in december. it has great parking, clean rooms with lots of amenities, great value and good service. There is a restaurant/bar next to the hotel so walking for food and entertainment is great.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
6  Thank oceandive
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
14.4 km away
2.5 km away
Sparrow Hill Inn
Sparrow Hill Inn
#1 of 2 in Monroe

Been to Deer Acre Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK