“Great sandwiches and coffee!”
Review of The Cotton Cafe

The Cotton Cafe
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Monroe
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We asked a salesperson in one of the shops on the square where she ate and she immediate told us "The Cotton Cafe." My husband had the burger and I had the ham and cheese panini. My son asked the server to bring him what she thought was the best thing on the menu. She brought him a chicken breast with melted pimiento cheese on a brioche bun. It was outstanding and all the food was fresh, hot and tasty. The potato salad was homemade and had some shredded cheese in it. Really good!

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I tried the Cotton Cafe by necessity a few weeks ago. I needed a comfortable place to get some work done and they served coffee, lots of coffee...and espresso...served a variety of different ways. I ended up having breakfast and lunch there (I had a lot of work to do). If you want something different, their GYRO BREAKFAST WRAP is awesome. I had the PIMENTO CHEESEBURGER for lunch which was also very good. Since my first visit, I drop in there on random to eat solo or with friends/family. I’ve had the home made POTATO SALAD and PIMENTO CHEESE appetizer with PITA CHIPS as a snack/lunch and the breakfast PLATTER with PANCAKES.

I’m not one that enjoys sweets too much, but since everything else has been good, I had to take a bite of my son’s pancake. Now, if you can get past the fact that you have to scoop these pancakes instead of stabbing them (they just fall apart), they are the BEST pancake I’ve ever had! They are extremely thick and appear to be very heavy, however they are very very light and fluffy and pretty much melt in your mouth. Try them!

The only constructive criticism I have is:
- sometimes, usually when they’re busy, the grits are too runny
- scrambled eggs are always cooked too much and are dry and chalky, even with cheese. Get them fried.
- bacon is always cooked too long and burned.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We went for lunch on a Saturday shortly after 1:00. The restaurant is an old store with brick walls and wooden beams overhead. It was busy but not all the way full. We were seated right away and placed our order in a timely manner. Then we had at least a 30 minute wait, and not once did the server ask how we were or apologize. When the food arrived, it was very good -- a hamburger and a salmon BLT. I would guess they need more help in the kitchen to get orders out more quickly.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

My daughters, my mother and I were shopping the antique malls in Monroe and needed lunch. The Cotton Cafe was delicious. The four of us had a great late lunch or early dinner. The pimento salad was perfect, creamy with enough heat to offset the richness of the cheese. The chicken salad was fresh, crisp and so refreshing. Our table ordered Salads, Panini and Wraps. Everyone was extremely satisfied. The service was great and the after dinner coffee amazing!

Reviewed 1 August 2018

We have always liked this restaurant, but my pimento cheese sandwich had a fly in it....not sure when that happened, but it made things a little unappetizing. The broccoli salad is not worth the upgrade. Parking lot across the street...cute inside, but it may be awhile before our next visit. Busy with locals...