“Cant get order right”

Amici Italian Cafe
Ranked #19 of 73 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 6 October 2018

I wasn't going to write a review. I decided to because this is the second time in a row that they have got my order wrong. We order the pizza and salad combo. I tell then each time NO TOMATOES. Last time they left them on and I took them off. This time I made sure I told the waitress NO TOMATOES. Again the pizza came with them on. Waitress said she could take it back if I was allergic to them. I didn't want my food messed with so again I took them off. I don't think it was the waitress but I will not be returning. Husband said pizza needs more sauce. Little Italy will be our go to from here.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Good drinks & appetizers. Friendly staff!! Nice downtown area to stop in, have a drink, grab some food while enjoying the downtown area.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Decided to try out a fairly nearby place we had tried before. We live in a rural area with limited restaurants. We could have driven a little further into Athens, a college town with many good restaurants, but didn’t want to drive that far. Amici is a casual dining experience. Exposed brick walls in a 100 year old building. On the Main Street in a turn of the last century town often used in period movie productions. Not expecting much. Expecting good service. Expecting good food in the limited category of pizza. Ordered vodka martinis straight up with a little vermouth with olives. Received dirty martinis. Explained we didn’t order dirty martinis. Waitress apologized “we don’t get many martini orders here”. Tried again and brought us plain unchilled vodka. Ok, bring us glasses of ice and we’ll mix them ourselves. Ordered the “blond pizza” which has white cheese, spinach, mushrooms and garlic. It should have been called the “skinny blond pizza”. All in all not a good dining experience. The staff were pleasant and apologetic but the people who run this place need to do it in a professional way. After all we don’t pay good money for a high school drama called “restaurant”.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 18 July 2018

Amici Italian Cafe is a good place to eat. The food is good and the staff are friendly. There are a lot of items to choose from on the menu. I loved the pizza. The crust is amazing. The chicken alfredo is OK. I guess I am a little biased because I think mine is better.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Not wanting to cook on an early spring night, we ordered 1 take out salad with chicken on top. The chicken was large pieces and a bit tough, but the salad was fresh and plenty of extras. Olives and parmesan cheese. Would do that again.

Date of visit: February 2018

Been to Amici Italian Cafe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK