“Exceptional hotel.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in McDonough
“Exceptional hotel.”
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We chose this hotel because it is a Country Inns & Suites. We love how nice all of the rooms are. Every Country Inns & Suites we have stayed in have had the best rooms and friendliest staff.

• Stayed July 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Fulton, New York
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I was lost and extremely tired. I had been driving for many hours. A woman named Laurie hooked me up with a really nice room and went way out of her way to make sure I had coffee and a detailed map of where I was going. I have never met a customer service person that was as nice! Very professional and caring!! If she reads this, "Thanks Laurie...for all you do and for being so nice to a weary, lost traveler!"

Room Tip: The manager is very nice and pleasant!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank KareKenny1966
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 23 June 2011

called ahead for rates but stopped at GA welcome center and found a coupon. Went to the hotel next door to check it out since it was cheaper and had a bar and restaurant but there was NO WAY i was staying there!
Country Inn and Suites had a super friendly staff, i felt safe in their hotel, clean and comfortable as usual and just love the breakfast!
Our top coice for hotel while traveling

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Albany, Georgia
Reviewed 1 January 2011

I had arrived at the Atlanta airport after dark, with a three hour drive to Albany in front of me. I decided last minute to drive a few miles away from the airport, find a motel and then drive to Albany in the daylight the next day instead. I stopped at my "usual" chain motel, and was quoted a price of $105, which I wasn't going to pay in McDonough, GA. I got back in the car, asked the GPS to find local motels, and called the Country Inn. From the minute that Linda answered the phone, it was a good experience all around. She quoted me a reasonable price, and when I asked if she could do any better, she did. She gave me very clear directions, checked me in quickly and with a great attitude, pointed out the cookies to me, told me where the fast food restaurants were, and was just generally all around friendly and helpful. The room was fine. Nothing fancy and starting to show a bit of wear, but nonetheless clean and comfortable. It had a microwave, refrigerator and coffee pot. The breakfast the next morning was terrific - much more than most chain motels offer. If I were in that area again (to shop at the Tanger Mall, for example) I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 15 November 2010

We picked this hotel because it was very close to the Atlanta Speedway. We had 2 king-size bed rooms. Each room was very clean and felt a little larger than a standard room. The beds were very comfortable. Every room came with a microwave and small fridge. Check in was fast and the people at the front desk are friendly. There is also an indoor heated swimming pool....so, don't forget your suits like we did.

There are cookies and coffee at check-in, which was a nice surprise. We had a room right in front of the elevator, but we did not hear any noise that evening. One previous reviewer said they thought the walls were thin, but I couldn't hear a thing in our 2nd room or any other for that matter. It WAS a fairly slow night at the hotel, though.

Breakfast was available at 7:00 on the weekdays and 8:00 on the weekends. Breakfast was really nice. There were plenty of items to choose from. I was impressed with the little extras that went with each item. For example, the yogurt had granola and raisins you could add. There were several choices of cereals, danishes, muffins, toast, belgium waffles, 3 hot items (egg, sausage, biscuits w/gravy....I think they change it up each day), salsa, cheese, peanut butter, fruit (bananas and apples), coffee, milk, hot chocolate, apple juice, orange juice. It was easy for everyone to find something to eat for breakfast....even the picky people.

There were MANY restaurants and major shopping areas (with basics...Walmart, Target, McD's, Outback, Longhorn, etc) within 1-2 exits North and South of this exit. The hotel was right off I-75, so it took us no more than 10-15 minutes to get to anything we needed. The hotel is very cozy. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast saved us a lot of $$ and the rate was great. What more could we ask for? We would definitely stay again if we were in the area and we'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone else.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family