“Good food, very slow service!”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #243 of 751 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed 13 February 2017

We stopped in yesterday evening for a very late light dinner. Shortly after arriving, we were seated and immediately asked about drinks. Just after that, the server arrived, asked us about drinks and was told they were on their way. She then asked what we would like to order. We told her that we needed a few minutes - we had not yet had time to look over the menu options. Long after we had decided and had laid our menus on the table, my wife began waving to the three servers who were chatting in the back of the place. Eventually, she gave up and walked to the back of the restaurant and interrupted the servers conversation - telling them that we were past ready to order. Our order was then promptly placed and we waited for our food. It seemed a little longer than usual, but was well within normal range. We shared Carnitas Tacos, rice and beans which were quite good. We were very pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable the food was. Again, we had a surprisingly long wait for our check.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

My husband and I arrived a little after they opened...around 11:10am. There was only one other person in the restaurant sitting in the bar area. I took a little while (about 3-4 minutes) for someone to come greet us and take us to a table. We decided to sit in the bar area as well so we could watch the sports on the TV's. My husband ordered a burger with fries and I ordered the Smothered Smoked Chicken Burrito. When our food arrived, the waitress informed me that my plate was extremely hot (and it was). This is the first time I had this burrito and I would definitely order it again. It was filled with lots of chicken, rice and spices and had a lot of cheese. The cost is $8.99. I ordered the chips with salsa to go with the burrito to get the full Mexican experience. I will definitely go back to Chili's and I recommend the burrito (at least the chicken one).

Reviewed 29 May 2016

Salads, loaded potato soup and burgers are great. We like to sit in the bar and watch sports. The Presidente margaritas are the best.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

First, the food. We were enticed by an email that advertised a half rack of baby back ribs, fries, a side salad and mini-molten dessert. All for $10.99. We went at 5:30 and the place was almost deserted. Our waiter escorted us to an empty side section and we ordered. My husband traded out the fries for a potato soup, a wonderful cheesy delight. So far so good. Our side salads arrived, with delicious lime dressing. Great. Another waitperson quickly ushered two tables worth of diners in, and put them directly on either side of our booth.. Boxed in with squirmy screaming children, we moved with our food to another table. The children got up and quickly ran in circles around all of the aisles, unchecked by parents or restaurant staff. Our ribs arrived and were tasteless with heavy smears of sauce on them. We were hungry and didn't complain, but we'd never order their famous ribs again. Lots of really good BBQ elsewhere in Marietta. Finally the "mini-molten." Outrageously good, chocolate lava cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and drizzles of chocolate and caramel sauces. It almost made up for the mediocre ribs and unruly children. All in all, it will be a long time before we go back to this restaurant.

Reviewed 1 February 2016

We stopped by to meet a friend and got there before she did recently. Since we thought it would just be the three of us, we got a small table and waited as our friend was running a little behind. We then got a message from our friend that she was bringing her family so we needed a larger table and they were very helpful at this Chili's in helping us find a bigger table quickly even though the place was crowded. The food was good and the service was very good. We would definitely dine here again if the opportunity presented itself.