“Neighborhood bar, great food. But a dive.”
Review of Niks Place

Niks Place
Ranked #289 of 764 Restaurants in Marietta
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Everything on the menu is very tasty. The gyros are perfect. Falafel excellent as well as the French dip. Loud music. Smoking allowed. Uneven tables. Bartender doubles as server. Prices very reasonable. Worth the visit.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

The food is okay. We went for lunch with our little boy. The place reeked of cigarette smoke. Might be the place to go for a bar night out, but don't recommend for a family lunch unless you like okay service and breathing in smoke (coming from a former smoker).

Reviewed 3 September 2016

I hate to be so brutally honest at times when I review here , but places like NIKS makes me go full throttle. So, I arrive back in Atlanta , and we are on the hunt for a good to great Gyro . I saw the reviews here and off we went . From the outside , it seems "normal" . BUT , when you enter , you gut instinct says leave , and we should have, but we had to try. I have eaten in many dives that scream run ! But the food is actually very good .
We ordered 2 Gyros , fried calamari , and fries . Ok, the Calamari was good ... fresh . BUT, the Gyro was so far from good that sad doesn't describe it .Tzatziki sauce is made with yogurt , spices, and cucumber . NOT MAYO ! Recreating a sauce or a dish and creating an abortion is an insult to the Greek culture .
Now , we all want bang for the buck when we get our food , this Gyro lacked any bang , didn't even have fizzle. Small , no meat , all tomato , and MAYO SAUCE?
This is a great place if your dead drunk and can't tell what your eating . Nor would you care. NIKS falls way short of the authentic or even " reinvented" cuisine line .
Sorry , but the truth is that this was a waste of my money. I hate to be so brutally honest , but if I save someone the heartburn of wasting their money on a bad place, then I have done a good deed .

1  Thank Alexander S
Reviewed 20 April 2016

Nik's Place has a good food selection for a bar. Drinks and service are fine. However what really makes this place and draws us back is the live music!

Reviewed 5 October 2015

It doesnt get more local. Great drinks. Live Music. Great Greek food. gets packed late with quite a mix. Great people watching.