“Great, fresh sushi”

Sakura Sushi
Ranked #86 of 779 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 9 March 2015

This is one of our favorite places to eat sushi. It was recommended by a friend as the best and they are correct. It is a busy place on the weekend nights, so have some patience and enjoy the sushi and beer!

Reviewed 3 December 2014

the sushi rolls are better than most I have had. Tim does an excellent job and is very friendly to the customers. I love that they remember what I like (such as shaved daikon in my tempura sauce). April is a great waitress and Tim, the owner, is delightful with a great smile and friendly conversation. The food is very well made and they have specialty rolls each month for each season and holiday. Beautiful décor, open, airy, and delicious. Enjoy.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Hidden in a small strip of a much larger Kroger shopping center, you need to know what you are looking for. It sits behind the Taco Bell on Lower Roswell Rd.

The sushi is always fresh and Tim (Sushi Chef and Owner) always has a big smile and warm greeting. Although it looks small from the outside, there is a surprising amount of seating and the sushi bar seats another 12 or so.

Tim has developed an interesting menu of rolls, nigiri and sashimi, but if there is something special you like he is happy to accommodate or make suggestions. We never leave disappointed!

Adult drinks are beer and wine only. Not an issue for me, but FYI. Not sure what it is about this particular Sushi bar, but everyone always seems to be friendly and open for conversation... particularly about the great sushi!

If you are after something like sea urchin you might want to show up on the early side of dinner hour... they do run out at times. No delivery, but they do have take out.

If you go (and you should), tell Tim hi for me!

1  Thank dparker329
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife is the sushi lover so I can't really rate the sushi. She says it was very good. We sat at the counter and I especially enjoyed conversing with Bobsan as he prepared various sushi pieces. April, our server, was very patient and attentive to our needs. As a non-sushi eater I will say that this is expensive dining but I imagine those who do eat sushi know that you pay for quality.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Our favorite sushi place closed and we have eaten at Sakura twice. We are still getting used to their menu. Overall the Sushi is very good some items are not as good as I am used to such as the spider roll, but others are better. Service is friendly but slow for the number of customers. Would recommend and will continue to go there.