“A bit scary”

Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Taytay, Philippines
“A bit scary”
Reviewed 10 December 2011

The facilities themselves were fine, the price was perfect and the proximity to fast food chains and Interstate 75 couldn't have been better. But, we didn't feel safe. While checking in, there was a policeman confirming with the clerk if a certain person had checked in. Not a good first impression! They also had a problem with their credit card machine so I had to pay cash. Lots of guys were loitering around in doorways and on the stairs and around the pool. My son and I swam in the pool and while it was clean and big, the guys standing around put me on edge. We only stayed one night as we were on our way to Florida. I had reserved 2 connecting rooms as we were 6, but when we arrived, the clerk informed us that none were available. Instead, he gave us 2 rooms next to each other. Coming back, we were supposed to stay there again but after that 1 night, I canceled our reservation.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mlgocon
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kingston Springs, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I have stayed here about six times over the last several years. It is not a fine hotel, but I have always had a clean room at a very good price. Close to lots of good things to do. Ask to look at your room before you check in.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, be sure to get a room away from I-75.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank 4bird1
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This was one of the worst hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. The mattress was so hard that I barely slept at all and I had a terrible backache the next morning. The comforter looked as though it had 2 bullet holes in it. There was no hair dryer, no shampoo, no conditioner. The few towels we had were small and scratchy. The mini fridge had a shelf duct-taped so it wouldn't fall off. We had planned on staying 2 nights, but quickly made other reservations for the second night.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This hotel is in the worst location. It is right off the highway, when you are trying to get into the parking lot of the hotel and you are not coming off the highway, you have to circle around to get in the hotel. The cleanliness of the hotel was really bad, cobwebs and dust everywhere. The sheets and towels were dirty. There were ladies of the night present at night.

I complained to the hotel management about the cleanliness of the rooms. They gave me clean sheets and towels. They also gave me a discount. Even with that I will NEVER stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
St. George, Utah
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Stayed here for a month in transition from one home to another. Overall, the stay was nice. Nothing fancy. Rooms were relatively comfortable, and the dining room table served as a decent computer desk so I could work while being cooped up in a motel room all day. Moving in was a bit of a hassle. Arrived after hours, so had to use the courtesy phone to call for assistance, only to be greeted by a grumpy night auditor. There was only one luggage cart, which I had to leave my driver's license with the front desk to use. Paid for the WiFi, which was fine, when it actually worked. If I had connectivity issues, the front desk was clueless on who to contact to fix it. The location was nice, right off the freeway exit, with a convenience store just down the street. There were also a few restaurants near by. Other than the occasional loud, fighting neighbors, the stay was uneventful and pretty easy-going. Until my last night there, when storms lit up the skies. At first, it was pretty cool to watch the storm from the balcony. Then I heard a "plip-plop" and turned around to see a huge leak coming through my ceiling, all over my computer equipment. I ran to slide the desk out of the way of the leak, and immediately went to the front desk to let them know of the situation. They told me there was nothing they could do until morning when the maintenance guy came back to work, but that I could move rooms if I wanted to (though they made me feel as though it was an inconvenience to them and it was my fault the ceiling was leaking). Mind you, I've been there 4 weeks at this point and it's my last night. I was NOT wanting to move all my belongings from the top floor to a bottom floor room on the other side of the building for ONE night. I wasn't expecting the ceiling to be fixed that night. But they didn't even offer me a bucket or extra towels to place under the drip, as the paint continued to bubble and spread further and further, to prevent the water from leaking to the room below mine. They would, however, replace the bath towels I had already used to mop up the leak, so I would have clean towels with which to shower in the morning. How nice of them ;-) I decided I'd think about it and go to dinner, and if the leak was still continuing when I returned, then I might change rooms. When I got back from dinner, the leak had spread all over the floor, soaking the carpet from the room all the way to the bathroom (could have been prevented if they'd given me a bucket). So, rather than haul everything into a room for one night, I just put it all in my car so I could switch rooms, and prayed no one would break in during the night, which thankfully no one did. Other than the leaky ceiling and sense of indifference from the front desk staff, the stay was rather pleasant and I'd probably stay there again if needed.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo