Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 75
US$ 70
US$ 95
US$ 76
Amicalola Falls Lodge(Dawsonville)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$ 147
US$ 138
  • Restaurant
US$ 116
US$ 105
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 117/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 115
US$ 110
US$ 142
US$ 132
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Golf Club Villas at Big Canoe are fantastic. This is the place to go to get out of the city, have all the amenities you want and enjoy nature at the same time. Worth the drive from Atlanta. Feels like it is days way instead of 90 minutes north.

Stayed: January 2018
2  Thank Bob R
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Yes, the cabins need some work, but it can't be done overnight. We saw a lot of work going on and could see the improvement. Decks were being updated, new washers/dryers being replaced...plus, after the hurricane, lots of trees were down and much clean-up was being done all through Big Canoe. We loved it here and definitely plan to go back. My almost 98 year old mother didn't want to leave! We enjoyed the quiet of the mountains, watching the deer and turkeys, and even saw a bear! We wanted to stay in a country cabin out in the woods, and loved it!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Spend a week, unit was outdated but clean. Internet never work while we were there, it was suggested we use whatever was available from other close by units but it was very inconsistent.
We used the gym very nice facility and ate at the restaurant, the food was very good and the wait staff was very attentive.
Conveniently close to Gibbs Gardens, Amicalola State Park, IGA grocery store, outlet shopping, movie theater etc.
Overall it was a nice vacation!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2015

I traded my timeshare thru Trading Places and so I was offered the pool amenities at no charge.It is an older resort , the unit we had was in good condition. The kitchen floor was dingy. There is suppose to be an inventory completed after each visit, but we had broken salad tongs and only 4 teaspoons. After a call to the office we had the spoons delivered. I agree with the comment on the loft railing, it is not safe for children. I am surprised that state inspections allow the spacing and have not required them to fix this issue. I could tell their was some outside renovations being done on the decks, railing etc. They have replaced wood but have not painted it yet.
I spent the week there with 5 other family members and the space was adequate. My son spent two nights in another cabin and he was not satisfied at all. There was a urine smell in the bathroom. two mice ran across the floor one night and his mattress was not comfortable. At check out he reported his issues but was told they would let someone know. This is a great resort if you like to swim, fish, and hike. The fish were not biting while we were there. We did take the pontoon boat out and enjoyed the lake. You will need to plan on driving to what ever you do on the property and the roads are very curvy and mountainous. There is a wonderful restaurant in town called Mary's bread basket that we tried twice for breakfast that had wonderful cinnamon rolls and breakfast sandwiches. It was quiet and we enjoyed seeing deer late in the evening. The pools were not crowded and the splash area for the younger children was great. I enjoyed my stay, wish my son had a better experience in his cabin.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Jo Ann L
Reviewed 8 March 2015

We've stayed in many Bluegreen resorts and this was by far our least favorite. Usually, we love staying with Bluegreen. The actual community of Big canoe has several amenities, but unlike other Bluegreen resorts, the resort itself has zero. With that said, you have to pay a fee, pretty hefty I might add, to go swimming, play tennis or use the gym. For tennis and swimming, you'd save money by jumping in the car and heading to Dawsonville or Jasper rather than doing so in Big Canoe. I believe the rate for tennis is $35 an hour which is insane. The cabin we stayed in could definitely use some renovating and cleaning. There were heating issues clearly because with the thermostat set at 73, the downstairs will felt no warmer than 50 while the upstairs felt near 80. The bathroom rails and curtain bars were beyond rusted. The carpet seemed like it had been there since day one. The walls were painted white, but clearly fading and in need of a paint job. There were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling in the loft. We had also killed three cockroaches in the first three days before calling the front desk. Someone came and sprayed and we had no more issues with the cockroaches. They may be in the process of renovating because it did look like one of the cabins had a new deck and I did see three toilet boxes outside, but as far as our cabin, it was clear that zero renovations have been done. As for the staff, they were all helpful and nice, as well as all the residents of Big Canoe. The Big Canoe community is great, especially since there are hiking trails AND waterfalls within the gates, however I can't give the actual resort more than a 2.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family