“Great Experience!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Georgia
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We stopped at the Madison Chop House Grille for the first time on our way to Charleston from Atlanta June 28. My wife and I agree the fried green tomatoes were the best we ever had. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her half rack of ribs and I thought my prime rib was absolutely excellent. The dessert we had, can't remember its name, cream stuffed fried pastries with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup was the perfect end to a wonderful meal. Service was fine too.

• Visited June 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Georgia, USA
“good eating”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Relaxing but fairly nondescript atmosphere; good food, service.

Visited July 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
“Not a good experience”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We both ordered prime ribs (which had been recommended as their specialty). They were dry and tough and covered in salt to the point of being briny. It must have been the chef's night off.

Visited July 2012
Georgia
“A good meal”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Bread was good and fried green tomato appetizer was good. My meal was good as well. Nothing blew my socks off. A tad pricey for a burger, which is what I had. ANd the servers were a little slower than I liked.

• Visited February 2012
Sharpsburg, Georgia
“Typical Grille.”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We read the reviews and thought this would be a good place to catch a late lunch after walking around Madison. The number 1 rated restaruant was closed between lunch and dinner so we picked number 2. We were promptly seated and then...we sat there. There was a group of servers sitting and talking but they ignored us. Finally, one came over and apologized and took our drink orders. Then we sat again...eventually, we did get served and the food was generally "okay", however, the onion rings we great! I had a lemonade and it seemed watered down. My spouse had a BLT and it was large with lots of fresh ingredients but the bacon was a little greasy and the it was just so-so. I had a grilled fish sandwich and it was pretty good. As a side, I got the vegetables and they were not so good. Way over cooked and mushy. All in all, I wasn't impressed. Probably just caught them on a bad day (it happens to the best). We would give it another chance if we are ever in the same situation.

• Visited July 2012