“Great staff and location are the best features” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Lithonia
Macon, Georgia
“Great staff and location are the best features”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Three night stay for business and with wife since it was Valentine's Day. Impressed with staff from check-in and throughout the stay. Had a suite with an unusual layout, the bathroom was in the living room area and the work desk was in the bedroom. The wireless worked well so did not need the access in the bedroom. The couch was very uncomfortable as the cushions sunk into the frame when sitting on them. The mattress was not the best for good sleep. Staff offered a different room but I did not want to go through the trouble of moving. Stonecrest mall is within walking distance if you don't buy anything big or heavy. Many restaurants in the area and we found a very good sushi restaurant for Valentine's Day. Despite the issues mentioned I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ambur F, Sales Coordinator at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear GrofVA,

Thank you for taking time to complete a review. We are happy that you enjoy your stay and we welcome you back for another stay.

Best Wishes,

Ambur Fuller
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Forest, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

I was recently in the Lithonia/Conyers area of GA and was looking for a place to stay. I was going to stay at the Comfort Suites till I realized there were so many bad reviews so I opted for this Fairfield Inn right next door. This hotel is located right next door to the Stonecrest Mall and is actually on it's "ring road" so there are plenty of restaurants & shopping within a short driving or walking distance.

The front desk staff was friendly & efficient, the hotel was very clean and the room was spacious, clean & well-apointed for a Fairfield. My only complaint was that I was in the last room at the end of the hall on the first floor and the WiFi didn't seem to reach it very well. The signal strength would go up & down. I got my laptop connected but the connection would come & go with the signal so I finally connected it to the CAT-5 cable at the desk. I never could get my iPad or iPhone connected in the room. I was able to get the iPhone connected in the workout room so I'm assuming in the middle of the hotel you will be fine with your connection. The workout room seemed to be in good working order. The weight machine is a little "funky" for arm-related excercises but does work. The breakfast area was spacious and had a good selection including a few items you don't typically see in these type of breakfast areas. Overall, I would return but I would make sure I have a room in the middle of the hotel so that I had consistent WiFi.

Room Tip: Get a room in the middle if you need WiFi
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ambur F, Sales Coordinator at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Mr. Gary,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay over all and when you return we will be more than happy to place you in the center of the hotel.
Sumter, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

Only had to stay here one night and that was way too long. Staff was warm and cordial something I take note of. The room on the other hand was ill-prepped. The bathroom door did not close, simply because of cheap materials and misalignment that would involve taking the entire mounting surface down. The curtains did not close all the way, so the adjacent hotel with its bright lights, had no problem keeping our room illuminated. When they said they had a gym, I at least expected a working treadmill, but that was too much to ask. Bottom line is, if you are just passing through, and need a quick break to rejuvenate, go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Pass on this one. You deserve better
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Dear Kaine,

I'm sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations during your stay. If you get an opportunity my General Manager, Melanie Kincaid (770-484-9993), would like to discuss the problems in which you experienced.

We hope that you will return one day, and upon your departure you will have a different outlook on our property.
Colorado Springs, CO
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,006 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

This was a lovely hotel! We are glad we stayed here.

Our room was beautiful and the room was perfect and clean !!! Our room was clean, bed was clean, bathroom was clean. We also had a frig & microwave.
If you let them know you have allergies, they will put you in a special allergy free room which was great!
Our bed had a Foam top mattress and was very comfortable as were the chairs in the room.

The staff were very friendly & cheerful!
Breakfast was great! Besides the usual breakfast cereals, bagels, muffins, waffles, etc -- they also had 3 kinds of microwave breakfast sandwiches, fresh fruit, fruit cups, yogurt parfaits with granola and bottled water! Very nice!

My only complaints would be:
The pool was milky white from too much chlorine. And our showerhead made an awful high pitched squeal when we took a shower.

Would love to stay here again!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Lithonia. I'm glad to hear that overall your stay was enjoyable. I did bring up your concerns with my manager and we have resolved the issues mentioned.

I would like to personally apologize for your inconvenience. If you would please give me a call at 770-484-9993.
Lubbock, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

As a Marriott Platinum member, I have stayed at a lot of Fairfields, and this one was disappointing. It was more like a Days Inn or Motel 6 than a Fairfield.

The towels were really cheap and thin. The bath mat/towel was so thin, you could see the lines of the floor tile through it.

The room was not well appointed, and the mattress was like foam rubber. I think there was one chair.

The breakfast was good and fresh, with a lot of hot and cold choices.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ambur F, Sales Coordinator at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Dear Mr. Kay E,

Thank you for being a loyal member to the Marriott family. I would like to apologize on behalf of the Fairfield Inn and Suites Lithonia for your unpleasant stay.

I have made my manager aware of your concerns and we are working on improvements.

If you get an opportunity, we would like for you to give us a call at 770-484-9993; ask for either Melanie Kincaid (the General Manager) or myself, Ambur Fuller (Sales Coordinator).

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lithonia
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta East/Stonecrest
6.5 km away
Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia
10.4 km away
Courtyard Atlanta Conyers

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK