“ridiculous!!”

Candlewood Suites Atlanta West I-20
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Lithia Springs
Reviewed 17 October 2014

people partying in parking lot til 10 :00 pm every night.hotel staff sleeping with hotel guest! no maid service a lot of the time.dirty pool,front staff ( when they are there ) using vulgar language. room smelt like cigarette smoke.no towels in room. waited 30 minutes to get a towel.dog poop in several areas of hotel property.bad internet service.overcharged for the room. Will never go back here!

Room Tip: do not go here!!
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 534pamelas
DirectorofSales913, Public Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Atlanta West I-20, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2014

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to make us aware of your experience while you were a guest at our hotel.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. On behalf of myself and staff, we truly apologize.
As a testament to our strive for perfection, we have taken steps to ensure that our rooms as well as our grounds are clean, comfortable and well maintained.
We deeply value your relationship with Candlewood Suites and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our guests deserve the very best. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again when you’re visiting the Atlanta area.
I would love an opportunity to speak with you directly about the problems you experienced at our facility. Please email me at dmorgan.candlewood@gmail.com

Reviewed 15 October 2014

Hotel is in a good location with many shopping and restaurants within a short distance. Six Flags is the next exit down and easy to access by either interstate or Six Flags Dr. Hotel appeared to be clean and well-kept and rooms were of a nice size complete with kitchenette.

Our problems began when we were only able to get a smoking room as that was all that was available. The second you opened the door the smell of cigarette smoke slapped you in the face. It was like walking into a bar. They seriously need to invest in some Febreeze. Another troubling issue was that even when we went to take a shower and used the towels the towels reeked of cigarette smoke. I wouldn’t think that freshly cleaned towels would smell, so it made me think that the towels had not been changed out.

I don’t know if it was just the cigarette smoke or something else but everyone in my party left with serious sinus problems that continued for days. By the 3rd night we had so much congestion problems that no one could sleep. Even when we got home and opened our suitcases they reeked of the smell of cigarette smoke.

We had booked a two queen room which it stated was for up to 4 people. We had 2 adults and 2 children but on the bill we got charged $15 for extra people in the room. When we went into the kitchenette to get plates we noticed that although we had registered 4 people there was only 2 plates, 2 glasses, 2 forks, etc. We also got a call because the room below us said we were walking too loud!? It suggest to me that they need to put better pads under the carpets as no one was doing anything more than walking. Beds were typical hotel quality a bit on the hard side but not terrible for a few nights but couldn’t imagine an extended stay on them.

This facility is considered “extended stay” so they allow pets and we did see many dogs on the premises. Surprisingly several were very large dogs and in the back they have a dog walk area. Unfortunately the owners were less than responsible and there was dog crap all over the back lawn between the rear door and parking lot. It also made me wonder if they couldn’t take the time to try and eliminate the smell from a smoking room I cant imagine the smell in a room with a 75lb Rottweiler in it!

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker DO NOT accept a smoking room!
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Speedracer61
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Atlanta West I-20, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2014

Dear Speedracer61,

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for taking the time to write a candid review. We are pleased to read that you found our location convenient to shopping and dining options. On the other hand, we regret that the overall quality of the room and amenities did not live up to your expectations. Please accept our apologies for any discomfort this has caused. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned that we have fallen short of your expectations.

We will address these matters with the respective departments in order to avoid unnecessary issues in the future. I do hope that we can welcome you back and restore your faith in our beautiful hotel.

Warm Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is convenient if you have plans to visit Six Flags, however; it is fairly fair away from other attractions like the city. I have many complaints about the service. There is no room service or maid service (towels, cleaning, etc.) and for the cost of a room it isn't worth it. If I ever decide to visit again, I wouldn't consider this hotel.

A plus is that the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Margie J
DirectorofSales913, Public Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Atlanta West I-20, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our guests leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Candlewood Suites is one of IHG's extended stay brand, and because of that, the brand only offers housekeeping services once a week.
We apologize if this was not made clear to you during the check-in process but we hope that you decide to give our property another chance.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Booked for 6 nights. I was with a group and total number of rooms we had was 7. After I had been there for a night I realized everyone else in my group was getting a rate of $74.99/night while I was being charged $109 even though I am an IMG Priority Rewards member. I went and asked the front desk about this and the lady agreed to drop my rate to $74.99 for the remaining nights but "there was nothing she could do about the first night': Seriously? Of course there's something she could have done but she didn't.

The pool was open but did not seem to be very clear water so I did not swim. After seeing a young toddler vomit in the pool I definitely was not tempted to get wet. There are 2 gas grills outside for guests which was nice and convenient. The staff promptly came at 10pm each night to make sure guests were aware the pool area was closed.

There is no daily maid service so you have to clean your own room. If you need fresh towels or linens they are available at the front desk.

Room was decent. Had a fridge, microwave, 2 glass eye stovetops and sink included

Laundry area has free washers and dryers. Two top loaders and one front loader. 4 Dryers. There is an exercise room with a tv inside the laundry which is a nice feature.

The wifi could use an upgrade. Reception was poor at best. Was constantly having to sign back in on my iPhone and more often than not was told "Cannot get Mail-The connection to the server failed".

Easy access to I-20 without feeling like you are right off the exit. It's far enough away where you don't hear interstate traffic. Hotel is fairly new and is behind a KIA car dealership beside a few other hotels.

Overall a pretty good deal if you can get the extended day rate.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
DirectorofSales913, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Atlanta West I-20, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear R W, Thank you for your review.

We appreciate all the areas you covered in your review. It sounds like the rate your group received was our weekly rate. Unfortunately reservations for six days do not qualify for a weekly rate. I am glad to hear, however that front desk agent did all that she can at the time to accommodate you. We will try to research this occurrence and see if we can make an adjustment.

Hotel Staff

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Not the greatest location as compared to others along I-20 but it is a new property and quiet. Hotel is on the small side and no breakfast they consider themselves extended stay hotel but for me the Candlewood brand is somewhat confusing as to the guest services provided.

PLUSES-

Computer and printer in the lobby
Outdoor grills
Microwave and fridge in every room

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DCAdGuy
DirectorofSales913, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Atlanta West I-20, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear DCAdGuy,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you were not happy with the size of our rooms. Our location off of I-20 ensures that our hotel is one of the quietest in the area. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Deant'e M