“VERY CLEAN ROOM but BREAKFAST SAUSAGE FROM HELL”

Hampton Inn Atlanta - Lawrenceville I-85 Sugarloaf
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

First of all, this is our second time staying here. The first time it was WONDERFUL. This time it wasn't bad either. The front desk staff is very nice and helpful. The whole check in experience is a breeze. The rooms were so very clean. The towels even smelled like bleach which I LOVE because you KNOW they are clean. The beds, etc. were all nice. The room was quiet and out the window we could see other hotels and beautiful trees that were turning a bright red for the fall season.

The only thing that was a disappointment was the breakfast. We remember it being so good last trip. This time we left hungry. The fruit looked old. The eggs were watery, the potatoes were almost too spicy. The bread for toast looked old and dried out. The toaster machine was like a grill that you put the bread on and it circled it around. I would have preferred a regular TOASTER. There were some little apple spice muffins that were so dry they were like DUST. We couldn't even eat them. But the WORST part of the breakfast was the soy sausage product that they had as the "meat". You couldn't even cut it much less chew it. It was un-edible. None of us could eat it. WHY would you put a fake meat product out with the eggs and potatoes? If I was a vegetarian (which I have been in the past) I wouldn't go eat the sausages. I would stick with the fruit and oatmeal and things like that. PLEASE put some regular meat on your breakfast buffet. Sausages, bacon, something that is edible.
I have never wanted to spit something out as bad as I did that "soy sausage" product. NASTY.

We tried making a waffle - - even that was awful. They only had one type of syrup - a sugar free kind. We avoid artificial sweeteners. Not to mention it was just awful tasting.

AND to top it off - - there was a man cleaning the womens restroom right by the breakfast room - - during the most busy time of the morning when everyone is trying to eat.

So we left hungry. And on a Sunday morning. And we had to use the restroom at a gas station.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Great Location, Beautiful Facility, Very Clean, Helpful Staff, Free Hot Breakfast and Internet. Comfortable beds and spacious rooms. We will definitely return to this hotel if we get a chance to visit the area again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2017

My family and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Atlanta because one of them stayed there before and recommended it this time again. It was really really nice. The complimentary breakfast was awesome each morning, the area was amazing, the rooms were nice and clean, and overall I loved it.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Hotel was good and clean. Breakfast was lacking but we slept in and came in the last 30 minutes. Quiet rooms and comfy beds. Traveling with soccer team and the rate is good and the location was exactly halfway between the two matches we were playing.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2017

My group and I had a great experience at this Hampton Inn. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean and had all our needs met. Digital check-in worked like a charm, and it was nice to not only pick my rooms, but my floor as well.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceville
0.1 km away
0.6 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NE/Gwinnett Sugarloaf
0.9 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta NE Gwinnett Sugarloaf

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta - Lawrenceville I-85 Sugarloaf? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK