First of all, this is our second time staying here. The first time it was WONDERFUL. This time it wasn't bad either. The front desk staff is very nice and helpful. The whole check in experience is a breeze. The rooms were so very clean. The towels even smelled like bleach which I LOVE because you KNOW they are clean. The beds, etc. were all nice. The room was quiet and out the window we could see other hotels and beautiful trees that were turning a bright red for the fall season.
The only thing that was a disappointment was the breakfast. We remember it being so good last trip. This time we left hungry. The fruit looked old. The eggs were watery, the potatoes were almost too spicy. The bread for toast looked old and dried out. The toaster machine was like a grill that you put the bread on and it circled it around. I would have preferred a regular TOASTER. There were some little apple spice muffins that were so dry they were like DUST. We couldn't even eat them. But the WORST part of the breakfast was the soy sausage product that they had as the "meat". You couldn't even cut it much less chew it. It was un-edible. None of us could eat it. WHY would you put a fake meat product out with the eggs and potatoes? If I was a vegetarian (which I have been in the past) I wouldn't go eat the sausages. I would stick with the fruit and oatmeal and things like that. PLEASE put some regular meat on your breakfast buffet. Sausages, bacon, something that is edible.
I have never wanted to spit something out as bad as I did that "soy sausage" product. NASTY.
We tried making a waffle - - even that was awful. They only had one type of syrup - a sugar free kind. We avoid artificial sweeteners. Not to mention it was just awful tasting.
AND to top it off - - there was a man cleaning the womens restroom right by the breakfast room - - during the most busy time of the morning when everyone is trying to eat.
So we left hungry. And on a Sunday morning. And we had to use the restroom at a gas station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get close to the past in Lawrenceville - maybe even closer than you expected with the supernatural air of this historic small town. The Hampton Inn® hotel in Lawrenceville - I-85/Sugarloaf is conveniently located within walking distance of the Discover Mills and only a few minutes from the Gwinnett Arena and Civic Center. Go back in time as you climb the steps to Gwinnett County's oldest courthouse from the late 1800s, located near the downtown square and within minutes of our hotel in Lawrenceville. You can also browse the unique specialty shops and restaurants that help define the area's personality. Our hotel in Lawrenceville gives you easy access to the Veteran's War Museum, the famous Lawrenceville Female Seminary, and an old cemetery that many believe to be haunted. Take a short day trip to Atlanta to enjoy big-city attractions like the World of Coca Cola Pavilion and Six Flags Over Georgia. Be sure to ask the team at our Lawrenceville hotel for tips on all the area's intriguing sights. Here at the Hampton Inn Lawrenceville-I-85/Sugarloaf, we're passionate about taking good care of you. We Love Having you Here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Atlanta - Lawrenceville I-85 Sugarloaf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Atlanta - Lawrenceville i-85 Sugarloaf Hotel Lawrenceville
- Hampton Inn Lawrenceville
- Lawrenceville Hampton Inn