“Horrible Service”

Los Nopales
Ranked #36 of 131 Restaurants in LaGrange
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 March 2021

About 2 1/2 years ago a MOUSE fell from the ceiling and ran across the floor when a co-worker and I were having lunch one day. I had been leery of Los Nopales since then. Turns out this would not be the last bad experience with this restaurant. I went to this location on today around 2:30 pm with my husband and son. The experience was cold and uninviting. First, once we were seated it took over 20 mins before a server came to take our drink order and give us chips and salsa. There was a male and a female server working the bar area at that time. No one even made eye contact or acknowledged us. We eventually flagged down the female server to get drink orders and since we wasted so much time already we placed out food orders at the same time. The server brought our drinks and we had to flag her down again 5 minutes later and yell we needed chips and salsa. We wanted to order margaritas and cheese dip but the servers - the male and female- never came our direction and refused to make eye contact with us. We eventually left without waiting for food to come out. We explained to cashier at front that we wanted to pay for out drinks and leave. She did not charge us for sodas which was fair. I am usually not a complainer and I have a lot of patience especially if there is a crowed restaurant (it wasnt). But Los Nopales fell short once again, simply acknowledging your customers goes a long way. We ultimately left because the servers ignoring us and neither bothered to come to check on us unless summoned by us. I would like to recommend El Rio Grande in Lanett, Alabama, the food is better and service as well.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (66)

Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

Wentto lunch with friends and the Taco buffet was all you could eat with a great variety of topping and shells. Everything was very fresh.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 4 October 2019 via mobile

Good option for a drink and dinner with friends. There’s a lunch buffet available, a lot of food for the price, and the drinks are great. Awesome service and a clean restaurant environment.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank whitneybl91
Reviewed 22 June 2019 via mobile

From the slimy chile relleno to the watered down queso dip with stale chips, this is one restaurant you could live without. There was an assortment of tasteless cuisine mixed with bad service and a pinch of dirty surroundings. I am not even sure this restaurant owner has 1-ever owner/operated a restaurant before 2- never eaten good mexican food 3- knows what a good recipe is. Very disappointed 100 perecent. Screwed up order, slow service for no reason and even bad tea. No bueno!!!!

Date of visit: June 2019
2  Thank chefalysonn
Reviewed 15 April 2019 via mobile

Good food and a lot for your money all the time but especially during the weekly buffet. $8 all you can eat: quesadillas, tacos, taco salad, wings and more.

The only thing keeping the restaurant from a 4 star review is that staff leaves tables wet so often. I refused to eat there for 3 months because of the wet tables. Spoke with management and dry tables are much more prevalent. On my most recent visit, however, a hostess tried to sit me at a wet table. I asked her to please dry off the table while I went to the buffet. She did, but no one should have to ask to have their table dried. NO ONE WANTS TO PICK UP A WET MENU OR GET THEIR HANDS OR ARMS WET FROM THE TABLE. THAT IS JUST GROSS.

Los Nopales -- PLEASE retrain your servers and hostesses to wipe down tables and seats with a clean, dry rag after cleaning. Thank you.

Date of visit: April 2019