We have stayed at this hotel about four or five times and we love it. The rooms-always spotless with comfy beds and plenty of room. We like to stay in the dune side suites where it's more quiet and you can hear the sound of the ocean all day and night. We've stayed there with family, just ourselves, my son and I on our way to and from Florida and as a destination.
There is a wonderful pool with a fire-pit and a hot tub as well as a bar with a cute window that opens to the pool area where you can order drinks and snacks.
From the pool, it's a short walk on a scenic wooden walkway to the beautiful protected shore. No beach chairs or stands out there, so be sure to pack your own cooler, chairs and umbrella if you need it before you go out there. It's not a jammed packed beach with loads of people. It's a natural habitat and so far remains untouched. It's a wonderful place. The hotel offers a nice breakfast included with your stay and in your suite there's a small refrigerator and a little microwave, so you can bring a lot of your own snacks and drinks to cut down on costs.
One thing to know is that on Jekyll, you are in a protected sanctuary and it's not a place with a starbucks or grocery store on every corner. There's plenty to do and a lot of dining options, great sea food, etc. and if you're desperate for starbucks you can dash over to the Jekyll Island Club, where you can also have an elegant dinner or brunch.
But, The Hampton Inn and Suites on Jekyll is a delight. Be sure to request a room with a balcony and if you like the vibe of the pool action, ask for a poolside room-although we always stay duneside. There's no view of the beach from any room...but you can hear it from your dune side room...and by the way-the people running the hotel are wonderful, sweet and always helpful and nice.
You can't go wrong with this place-unless you're looking for a party hotel-which this is not-unless you bring your own ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's tempting to spend your days at the Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island on the unspoiled beaches that line the perimeter of the tiny island paradise. However, don't miss out on learning more about the colorful story of the Jekyll Island Club on a guided tour of the history-rich mansion-size cottages that have drawn visitors to this locale for more than a century. Once a retreat for America's elite families, you can add your name to the likes of the Rockefellers, Carnegies and Morgans and join the friendly team at our hotel on Jekyll Island for a truly unique American experience. Don't forget your golf clubs. Jekyll Island isn't considered Georgia's premier golf destination for nothing. Pine Lakes Golf Course features "family-friendly" tee boxes for truly evenly-matched play. Indian Mound sprawls through some of the island's most scenic landscape and the local favorite, Oleander, follows Jekyll Island's inland lakes and pine forests, creating challenging holes and rewarding views. The history, the beaches, the golf - you'll find a golden getaway on Georgia's Golden Isle. Our hotel features Lobby Bar, Extended Pool Terrace with Kids Pool, Zero Entry Main Pool, and on deck fire pit; Bike Rentals are available on site. Take a 100yd stroll thru the Maritime Forrest and discover Jekyll Island's beautiful South Beach area. For weddings, reunions or family vacations, we have what you need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels Direct so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island Hotel Jekyll Island
- Hampton Inn And Suites Jekyll Island