“Good food on a beautiful beach”

Jekyll Island Seafood Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Jekyll Island Seafood Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 33 Restaurants in Jekyll Island
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was an interesting experience because the food was lovely. The staff was poorly trained ( although nice) and one waiter went so far as to complained to anyone who would listen about how busy they were. ( the porch was less than half full and there were five people circulating).
We were seated at a wobbling table and ignored. We had to ask for water three times, our food was slow in coming and one woman alone at a table next to us waited twenty minutes between soup and salad.
Overall. Wait to go until they have a bit more experience in service .

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The place is good and the food is delicious (we had whole grouper for dinner) but shocking that they serve our tea in Styrofoam cup. The seating seems to be a fine dining with cloth napkin so when I received my tea in a flimsy styrofoam cup I was very dismayed. I asked for a real cup but they said they run out. What? Room for improvement!

1  Thank Rocky M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wanted seafood for lunch.. It was around 1:30 and resturant was empty.. I chose to sit at the bar..Jekyll Island Seafood was walking distance from my appointment.. Service was good..My fried oysters were served hot and IMO a good value...Would recommend for lunch....

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The restaurant was clean and server was friendly. The food was just O K. I ordered the grilled grouper and it was bland. It is in a great location. An easy walk from the convention center.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My sister and I dined here last Saturday. We arrived about 6:30 and were seated within five minutes. The restaurant was not crowded. We ordered a drink and received that in about 10 minutes. After placing our food order, we sat for one hour without anyone asking if we wanted another drink. Our waitress was also the hostess was also the bar tender and we also bussing tables. She did come to apologize about the long wait and said the kitchen was backed up. There did not appear to be a manager anywhere in sight. I wanted to leave it took so long. Considering that she was doing the work of four people. our waitress was outstanding--not her fault. She deserves a raise! When the food finally came, shrimp and grits for me, it was good. I would not eat there again however due to the long wait and the lack of atmosphere in the restaurant.