“Good hotel, great staff”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jasper
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Visited over the weekend to tour the area. I arrived Fri afternoon, no early check in. and my other guest was arriving Sat so I booked a single room for Fri and a double for Sat. My brother in law got sick at the last minute and I needed to keep my single room. They had no vacancy but somehow cancelled my double and let me stay in the single. Thanks to Anna, I believe that was her name. Seems she was running the whole place. She was awesome. Room was clean but small. The bed slept great and there were plenty of TV channels. No fridge or microwave, bummer. I wanted to cool some drinks and had to improvise with ice in the bathroom sink. The breakfast room was small but typical stuff for breakfast. Nothing too exciting but filling. Plenty of privacy even though they had no vacancy. I was at the end of the hall on first floor. Overall for a no frills hotel it had indoor corridors, parking where you could keep an eye out on your vehicle. I was on a motorcycle and that is important to me. Overall the price was not too bad but a little bit high. Close to grocery store and Walmart, plenty of places to eat. I ate at Fatz cafe it was good. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Microtel-Jasper1, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you John for taking the time to respond to TripAdvisor review. As you stated in your review, I did all I could to accommodate your request to stay in the same room. As you know, the room is small. Really no where to put a mini fridge. The price was a little high, since it was during festival weekend. We usual sell out every weekend in October. I am delighted to know you enjoyed your stay, considering we were sold out. Hope to see you in the future. Plan to stay with us on your next motorcycle run. Hopefully your brother -in law will be able to make it. Thank you for your business.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 October 2017

The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was small and difficult to maneuver because there was barely any counter space and the sink was in with the shower and toilet. We were very disappointed to find no refrigerator in the room because my husband is diabetic and needs to store insulin. They wanted to charge an additional $15 to get a refrigerator.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our TripAdvisor review. It appears you stayed in a accessible room. The bathrooms are not really equipped with much shelve space, since the bathroom must be wheel chair accessible. One correction, the sink is not in the shower. But it is near the toilet.

We do charge a one time fee of $15 for a fridge. The only room we offer that has a fridge in it, is a Suite. The one queen room has no space to put a mini fridge. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank G7932QXsusanh

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Clean property and cheap rates however extremely poor and uncaring management and staff. When I tried to resolve an issue of my barking dog ( note the hotel was Full of pets) the desk clerk Carrie response was she just works there and just wants to go home! Well so did We! Also my daughter and I witnessed Carrie entering a room without the guest being there. After returning from a meal run we were asked to leave the hotel. In shock I asked where would I go with a hurricane approaching the manager Anna Saint said " I don't care! " And then raised our rate. If having a pet with you makes you an undesirable guest then they need not to be pet friendly. Beware of this location!! Our friends and law enforcement family will never use this location again due to managements low standards of hospitality.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank pax05
Microtel-Jasper1, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Thank you Mrs Baker for taking the time to respond to our TripAdvisor request. I do agree the rate was increased because you vacated the room after three days. You originally booked the room for 9 days. At the time of the reservation you were offered a weekly rate, which is a minimum of seven nights.

I must say your story is different from what I remembered occurred. We tried our best to accommodate our guests from Florida during the mandatory evacuation. We accepted pets of all sizes, and dogs well pass our normal weight limit. Our policy states pets must not be left unattended for any period of time during their stay. This policy was brought to your attention twice. We had several other dogs on the property, but their owners didn't leave them unattended. You and your daughter left the hotel during the day on two different occasions, and left THREE dogs unattended in the room for hours. Meanwhile a commotion of barking coming from your room, which in turn caused all the dogs on that floor to start barking. Had several complaints, and a guest checked out early because he was unable to sleep. I called you personally and explained our policy. Since you refused to abide by our pet policy, you were asked to vacate the room. I'm truly sorry we were unable to resolve this problem. Have a great day!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jasper
10.6 km away
Amicalola Falls Lodge
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
24.8 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Canton, GA

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK