“Great Staff Good Value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jasper
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Staff Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

We chose a basic room as we were only staying one night. The weather was terrible; cold windy and wet and we decided to stop around 215pm fully expecting to be required to wait until 3 to check in. But the pleasant surprise was that they allowed us to check in early befor the weather became worse.
Very small room but only $60 so good value for the money (and only one queen size bed).
I would have preferred that breakfast was available at 6am instead of 630 as we are early risers and there was no in-room coffee pot.
Full range of television channels was available.
One downside: there were a few clumps of long dark hair on our shower wall; it had not been wiped down thoroughly.
If you want value for a quick overnight stop, this is a good choice. I would not choose to stay more than one night due to room and bed size.

Room Tip: Third floor (top floor) was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Nolensville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

Our party (2 adults, 2 children) stayed in this hotel location the night before Thanksgiving. The room and bathroom were very clean and very comfortable. The only part that was less than steller was the people who checked in one floor above us - they sounded like a herd of elephants! This, of course, was not the hotel's fault by any means. Just annoying. We awoke refreshed the next day and were delighted with the breakfast selections that awaited us. Wow. I have never seen such a nice, organized and bountiful continental breakfast! I was stunned, as was the rest of my party. We enjoyed our stay immensely and would stay there again (and maybe perhaps a Microtel in another area?). This stay may have just changed my view of a budget hotel. It certainly was more than we bargained for. :) Thank you, Microtel of Jasper!

Room Tip: Hmm, I'm thinking any room would be a good room.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

Great stay. Comfy beds. Clean rooms. Hotel seemed very new. The lobby needed a little vacuuming but that was all I noticed. Good breakfast. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2011
Washington, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Unlike other reviewers, I am a smoker and this hotel sets aside a handful of rooms down on one end for smokers. I won't stay at a hotel unless it has smoking rooms. Sorry, that's just the way it is. In this day and age, I wish Trip Advisor would allow us to search by smoking rooms availability. Rooms were extremely quiet. Bed was very comfortable. Staff was knowledgeable of surrounding area and helpful. Excellent shopping and restaurants nearby. Amenities not the greatest (small rooms, tiny work desk in room, continental breakfast weak) but I was traveling alone for short stay. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: Again, smoking rooms available and off on one end.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

This was my first stay at a Microtel. I usually stay at Holiday Inn Express when they are available, but could not find one in the Blue Ridge area.
I had a bad feeling when I checked in and tried to confirm if they had a dedicated floor for smokers. I usually don't even stay at hotels that allow smoking, but as I said before, my choices were limited. Anyway, the clerk said smoking was only allowed on the 3rd floor but we would not be able to smell smoke in our non-smoking room or even in the hallway. I was disgruntled that I would have to stay on the same floor, but decided not to complain. We went up to check out the room and it seemed pretty clean except for a mass of cobwebbs between the air unit and the wall and 2 little spiders hanging out in the corners if the bathroom. Sure enough, we did not smell smoke, so we left to begin our excursion for the day.
The night when we returned to the room, I heard voices and realized we had been placed next to another occupied room, even though at 10pm, there were only 8 cars in the entire parking lot. I would have expected them to at least leave an empty room between guests when the hotel was almost empty. We could hear every word the "neighbors" were saying, so we turned the TV on to drown out the noise. This was fine until it was time to go to sleep. When I turned the TV off, I heard 2 different people hacking away, obviously smokers, and this went on most of the night. I turned the TV back on and gritted my teeth.
I should have called the desk and complained, it is my fault that I did not, but I was tired from walking all day, I was already in my pajamas, and my bags were unpacked.
The included breakfast defiantly continental, no protein available, but no big deal.
I really expected the clerk to ask how my stay was when I checked out, but she did not bother.
In summary, I thought that the hotel was overpriced for the location and the walls were definitely too thin. Ask to be separated from the other guests if you stay here!

• Stayed October 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jasperga, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. Our intention is not only to meet the needs of each guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations, and to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Your input allows us to continually improve the quality of guests' experiences with us, and to better understand both what we do well, and what we can do better. Please know that we will address all the concerns you stated in your review. It is our goal to provide clean, comfortable accomodations, and excellent service, and I am sorry if your experience was not indicative of that goal.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. If there is anything we can do to assist you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jasper
21.2 km away
25.1 km away
Hampton Inn Atlanta Canton
24.9 km away
Holiday Inn Express Canton

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK