The Red Roof Inn in Hinesville GA says it has been renovated. The lobby looked good the rest of the hotel was a mess.
We checked in about 4:30 pm.
Our room was not clean, the floors had not been cleaned (vinyl that looks like laminate). The bathroom had a new coat of paint on it, however, the door did not close properly, the steel frame was rusting, the door had stains on it. The wallpaper was already peeling. Mind you we were in a room for the disabled. There is no way the room could have been used by someone with a wheelchair. There was about 15 inches from the end of the bed to the dresser!
Our son's room did not have towels yet and had the door held open by a wadded towel stuck under the door.
We had a beeping sound in the room and reported it to the front desk along with the floor not being cleaned. We went to see family (our Grand-daughter was graduating) and when we got back about 10 pm we got into the room and still had the beeping sound. We let the front desk know and a man came into the room at 10;30, stood on the bed and tried to change the smoke alarm battery. A new battery did not work so he removed the entire smoke alarm! Very disturbing to have some standing on your bed at 10:30 at night and then remove the entire smoke detector leaving hanging wires. No smoke alarm in the room at all! This did not stop the beeping. As all the other hotels were book due to graduations, we spent the night listening to a very loud beeping. We left the next morning and again reported the beeping was still going on. When we returned late that afternoon the girl at the front desk stated the beeping was coming from the carbon monoxide detector which was dirty and needed a new battery.
Another member of the family had the same issue! I do not know they passed a fire inspection or code inspection.
For a newly renovated hotel this hotel is very sub class! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and would not stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Red Roof Inn & Suites Hinesville is family friendly, and an excellent choice for guests who are visiting Fort Stewart or Liberty Regional Hospital, as the hotel is within a 5 minute drive to both locations. Savannah College is also just 10 minutes away. Other great attractions like Fort McAllister State Historic Park, and Savannah Mall can easily be enjoyed within 30 minutes. When you check in, check out the room amenities we have to offer during your stay. The non-smoking rooms at this newly renovated hotel offer large flat screen TVs, microwave & refrigerators, work desk, and hairdryers. Select rooms offer Jacuzzi's, and coffee makers. This hotel offers suite rooms, and coin laundry is available. Complimentary coffeehouse-style coffee & tea are offered in the lobby and one well-behaved pet per room is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Roof Inn & Suites Hinesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Hinesville
- Comfort Suites Hinesville
- Hinesville Comfort Suites