“Do Not Stay At This Hotel”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Hinesville
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Hinesville
Reviewed 5 June 2017

The Red Roof Inn in Hinesville GA says it has been renovated. The lobby looked good the rest of the hotel was a mess.
We checked in about 4:30 pm.
Our room was not clean, the floors had not been cleaned (vinyl that looks like laminate). The bathroom had a new coat of paint on it, however, the door did not close properly, the steel frame was rusting, the door had stains on it. The wallpaper was already peeling. Mind you we were in a room for the disabled. There is no way the room could have been used by someone with a wheelchair. There was about 15 inches from the end of the bed to the dresser!
Our son's room did not have towels yet and had the door held open by a wadded towel stuck under the door.
We had a beeping sound in the room and reported it to the front desk along with the floor not being cleaned. We went to see family (our Grand-daughter was graduating) and when we got back about 10 pm we got into the room and still had the beeping sound. We let the front desk know and a man came into the room at 10;30, stood on the bed and tried to change the smoke alarm battery. A new battery did not work so he removed the entire smoke alarm! Very disturbing to have some standing on your bed at 10:30 at night and then remove the entire smoke detector leaving hanging wires. No smoke alarm in the room at all! This did not stop the beeping. As all the other hotels were book due to graduations, we spent the night listening to a very loud beeping. We left the next morning and again reported the beeping was still going on. When we returned late that afternoon the girl at the front desk stated the beeping was coming from the carbon monoxide detector which was dirty and needed a new battery.
Another member of the family had the same issue! I do not know they passed a fire inspection or code inspection.
For a newly renovated hotel this hotel is very sub class! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and would not stay there again!

Room Tip: First floor is easier as hotel has no elevator. Check out the room before checking in and make sure...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 April 2017

This hotel is not worth the money, they do not provide as they offer and the front staff person Stacy is rude and an idiot. renovated but still signs of aging in room and air conditioner does not work, runs warm air. When i talked to Stacy at the front desk she acted like i was bothering her and blamed it on someone else. Never will my company use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Have a backup hotel
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2017

No iron, ironing board. Room dark, dusty. Signs says "Completely renovated" yet needs cleaning. No peep hole, stuffed w/tissue. Rusty towel holder in bathroom w/fresh clean towels sitting on it. Definitely needs a thorough cleaning after the renovation dust settled. Basic cleaning missed in our room. So much dust and dirt on the fire/smoke detector on the ceiling that I knew immediately not a completely renovated place. The light fixture soon as you come through the door so filled with bugs.... more work needs to be done so post a sign that says completely renovated. Just need a place to stay after we moved out and hit the road to our next duty station.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 30 March 2017

thank you for your review. These items will be addressed immediately. I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

I had the worst hotel stay of my life at Red Roof Inn and Suites in Hinesville, Ga. I booked 2 rooms for the weekend. Checked in on Friday 3/17 and checked out Sunday 3/19. On Saturday morning I received a knock on my hotel room door and found 3 police officers standing there. They advised me that the lady at the front desk had called police because someone in my room had been smoking marijuana. I explained that I currently have acute bronchitis and congestion and no one is smoking around me and that due to the congestion I can't smell anything. They had the printed form that I signed stating that if we smoke in the room then I would have to pay a $200 cleaning fee. Again, I said that it was not my room. I explained that the only time my roommate could have did it was while I was sleep but I doubt it since she knew I was sick. I volunteered to do a drug test which was when they finally started to believe me and left. The lady at the front desk called me to come up there and explained to me that I needed to pay her $200 by 3pm which was when her shift ends. I explained to her again that I was sick and no one was smoking around me but she didn't care. Later, my roommate went to the front desk to speak to the lady and explain that the smell was not coming from our room. At that time 2 housekeepers came to the front desk after cleaning a room a few doors from mine with pictures of drug paraphernalia in the room on one of their phones and to explain to the front desk lady that the smell was NOT coming from my room but another guest's. I could have gone to jail!!! Luckily, I was able to convince the police otherwise and thank God the housekeepers found evidence that it wasn't us before we were forced to pay $200! Upon checkout, I was told (by the same lady who called the police) that I had a balance on one of my rooms and needed to pay because my credit card was declined. I explained it was not declined and I paid in full upon check in. I even showed her the transactions for both rooms on bank's app that they were paid in full. As others started to form a line behind me to check out, she repeatedly said out loud "your card declined" humiliating me. My card was not declined. Finally she got on the phone with technical support to see what was wrong. They explained some token key was missing and they needed me to swipe my card again so they could run it again. I refused because the funds had already been deducted from my bank acct balance and I showed her the transactions on my phone again. She asked me to call my bank to verify and I did. The bank said the full amts had been debited from my acct and that the error must be on Red Roof's end. This was the most humiliating experience of my life. I will never stay at a Red Roof hotel again which is sad because I loved the hotel up until this weekend.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank DuvalWoman87
Management response:Responded 3 April 2017

Please accept my apologies for the confusion during your stay. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, it will be addressed. I hope you will give us another opportunity to accomodate you. Have a great day!

Reviewed 16 February 2017

First off, this property has only been a Red Roof for a short time, so any reviews more than a few months old can probably be dismissed as they are not for this location. They are still working on the changeover and 2nd floor is not available.
Most everything was fine - no complaints. Friendly staff. Room was very basic accommodations - no frills. Bed was very comfortable. Good shower. Completely non-smoking and very clean. Room was partitioned but the 2nd half was basically empty - just a small desk. Very quiet, mainly because there seemed to be very few guests. Disappointed that there was no breakfast, but good coffee. Overall, a great value for the price.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 21 February 2017

Thank you very much for the great review! We are working diligently to make sure our guests have a wonderful stay. Also, we will be offering breakfast soon! We hope to see you again!
Have a great day!