“First and last stay”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Hinesville
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Hinesville
Reviewed 22 February 2016

Traveled here on a business trip and stayed for 4 nights. Only positive about the stay was the bed. The lobby has a defunct fountain with a haphazardly placed piece of plywood covering it. There are several gouges in the walls, and the entire feel of the hotel is just a bit this side of seedy. I had a stray ant in my room, but I'll chock that one up to transfer from my clothes from outside. At least it wasn't a roach. The hotel could greatly benefit from a water softener/filtration system. The water smelled strongly of sulfur, and felt pretty harsh. Staff performance was a 50/50 shot. The nice customer service agent at check in was extremely nice, despite the late hour check in. Check out was a different story. I heard multiple complaints from the housekeeping staff that "they had lives" and "that they weren't staying here all day waiting". The best overheard comment was "the big folk don't come around on Saturday so we can just relax." Now, I'm all for camaraderie, but not at the expense of professionalism. Breakfast was free with the stay. Usual rotation of pre-made omelets, sausage, biscuits, make to order waffles, yogurt, juices, coffee, tea/hot water and cereals. Overall, this hotel could use a serious re-vamping. Unfortunately, I would not choose to stay here or another Choice hotel for a personal stay.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn on the other side of the parking lot.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank GabbyThompson

Reviewed 28 January 2016 via mobile

I would never stay here based on the rude and rushed attitude of the girl who answered the phone. I simply wanted some prices and I was told 59.99 for a king 69.99 for a queen and then was basically hung up on. I'm not sure if she was busy or what, but this type of attitude will certainly lose you business.....I know it lost mine!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank williebar
Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

I won't lie.... my first encounter was shocking. Literally..... I hit the buzzer out front and I think I scared the attendant out of her chair. We checked in at 3:30 am so she probably wasn't expecting us. Got our room quickly and off to bed. Woke up to a great continental breakfast and off we went. It was obvious that there were renovations going on, but it didn't bother us. Everyone was so friendly. From the guys moving furniture. To the ladies cleaning as well as the front desk. I will stay here again on our next trip...

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Days Inn H, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Hinesville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2016

Dear Kupkakery,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Quality Inn & Suites, Hinesville GA.

Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as recognition and encouragement; as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience.

Thank you again for sharing. We hope your next visit will be even better.

Rk Patel
Guest Relations

Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

Within the first couple minutes of being in the room my mom found a roach in the bathroom. I called the front desk several times and no one answered. So I walked to the front desk and the front desk person was talking on her personal cell phone. She didn't acknowledge my presence and continued her conversation about her mom dying on the 26; the funeral being on the 1st; moving from a 3 bedroom to a 2 bedroom, etc. Once she was done with her conversation she asked if she could help me. I explained my issue and asked what could be done. She politely said nothing because the hotel was full and she didn't know where maintenance kept the bug spray and would leave a note for them to spray the next morning.

The room appeared clean. We killed 4 roaches in the bathroom during our 12 hour stay. We didn't see any roaches outside the bathroom. According to Priceline, the hotel is refunding me 20% of the cost for that night stay for the "inconvenience". We will see how that goes.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family

Dear Brittany,

It is very unfortunate that your experience with us was not as pleasant as you expected. We really do appreciate your concern, especially the fact that you alerted us to the cockroach incident prior to your departure. Management was informed after you checked out and a Pest control company (ECOLAB) was already contracted to attend to the issue. We are addressing the issue to avoid
Similar incidents.
On behalf of our entire staff at Quality Inn & Suites Hinesville, GA we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the problems you faced with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to improve the way we respond to guest.

RK Patel
Guest Relations

Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

I've visited this property 4-5 times over the past year and unfortunately the hotel appears to be in a downward spiral. This visit, the staff wasn't cordial and on checkout, the front desk clerk was busy visiting with her significant other. This has happened to me on a previous visit. This hotel is in a great location and offers good amenities. I always enjoy the indoor pool/sauna and breakfast. My room was missing the micro fridge. I was too tired to bother asking to be moved. However, I did use the microwave in the breakfast area. Most travelers love this amenity. So, ask before you go.
The entrance, lobby and eating area were immaculate. The hallway smelled musty and looked dirty.
A little TLC will keep this hotel at the 2 1/2 star level.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo

Dear Georgia Topdog,

I'm very sorry that you've taken away such a poor impression of our property, and I apologize for the Front Desk behavior. Just want to inform you that we are working on both situation. At the conclusion of the renovation our property will have the amenity such as Microwave, Mini Refrigerator, Iron, Iron Board , Coffee Maker etc in every room. I hope you to stay with us again.

RK Patel