“Fine food”

The Oaks
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in Hiawassee
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Oaks offers a fine dining experience with a seasonally influenced dinner menu, including fine steaks, prime rib, chicken, and fresh seafood selections. Beautiful presentations of fresh food, simply prepared, coupled with an attentive staff, makes The Oaks the perfect choice for intimate dining or entertaining. Enjoy casual elegance in a stately paneled dining room or cocktails on our lakefront terrace amidst beautiful surroundings.
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit. The service was attentive and leisurely. The main course food was very good and the portions were large. Within our group we had everything from hamburgers, shrimp and grits, steak, to trout. The appetizers were not particularly great, they were edible but not great. The view is fine but the inside acoustic quality makes for a sometimes loud environment.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 9 July 2018

service was very slow, not so much the food prep time, but to get a drink, refill,( which they seemingly forgot that I requested), or anything took way to long, even waiting on the check took over 15 minutes. They had someone playing and singing that was as enjoyable was fingernails on a blackboard. I love the area but will not return to the oaks.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We enjoy going here, but it has to be when we're not in a hurry. The view of the lake/marina is great and the decor is lovely, updated and casual chic. We love their smoked salmon, salads, and other brunch items. They do have inexpensive specials for weekday lunches. They have a nice bar adjoining the restaurant but I've never seen anyone in there. I think they've had inconsistent hours, which has cost them business and hopefully they'll be more active and provide quicker service has they progress.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I had my rehearsal dinner in the Oaks. It was an amazing experience. We had BBQ and the food was super tasty and well prepared plus it was beautifully displayed. The staff were all amazing. Rhonda was my favorite waitress. She is super sweet and a pleasure to have helping at any event. The food is so tasty and the sweet tea is the bomb! Shane is the best bartender! I loved having my event here with this sweet staff!

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

This is our 4th time here and we won’t return. We kept giving it a chance but the service seems to get worse instead of better. We waited forever for our server to come greet us then it took a very long time for two burgers. When they finally arrived, no condiments were with them. By the time I finally got our waiters attention for condiments, the burger was cold. I never even touched it snd he offered 10 perfect off. We won’t return and I can not recommend.

1  Thank georgia-traveler95