“The Oaks”

The Oaks
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in Hiawassee
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Oaks offers a fine dining experience with a seasonally influenced dinner menu, including fine steaks, prime rib, chicken, and fresh seafood selections. Beautiful presentations of fresh food, simply prepared, coupled with an attentive staff, makes The Oaks the perfect choice for intimate dining or entertaining. Enjoy casual elegance in a stately paneled dining room or cocktails on our lakefront terrace amidst beautiful surroundings.
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

This place was outstanding, I highly recommend it. Lisa our server was fantastic. The bartender made us a very tasty Bloody Mary and the food was excellent. Will definitely be back.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Just had a wonderful dinner!!! My husband and I have eaten here a few times in the past and although it was good, they have definitely upped their game and tonight was a fantastic dinner. We had the stuffed pork chop and the seafood pasta. Both were delicious! The pork was cooked perfectly and the sweet potato grits and greens that came with it were marvelous. The seafood pasta had 4 large sea scallops and an abundance of shrimp. The sauce was tasty and the portion large. In the past we have been able to finish our dinners and want a little bit more. Today we had to get a take home plate. If there was one minor inconvenience, it was that the shrimp in the pasta still had the tails on. This may be a pet peeve, but I hate shrimp in sauce where I have to get my fingers all saucy to remove the tails. Overall, I would say go and enjoy this wonderful addition to local dining. We have not had a better meal anywhere in the surrounding area!!!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We’ve been going to this restaurant for about a quarter century and have seen it morph into different things. It had always had a warm welcoming feel of rustic elegance set lakeside in the mountains. Part of the warm friendly feel has been the beautiful natural wood paneled walls. Recent renovations painted over the wood in a depressing battleship grey. Contemporary furnishings make a once comfortable lake/mountain retreat feel like they are painfully trying to be something they aren’t. It is not in the city and I dare to suggest that most visiting the area are trying to escape the city feel. The restaurant could be in Atlanta, New York or any urban area.
Food was quite underwhelming as well. The pasta dishes looked and tasted as if the pasta had sat around in a pot all day. Fried Chicken was not what you’d imagine fried chicken to be in a restaurant that bills itself as southern. It was a few small cuts of meat with a sugary coating.
The staff was the one bright spot in an otherwise dreary and depressing setting. I really want to like this restaurant, but not going to happen in its present form.

Date of visit: February 2018
2  Thank flynomore
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Food was fresh and prepared as ordered. Se nice was great. Has a view of the lake.
Beer, wine, and mixed drinks available.
Supper offers steaks and seafood. The crab cake sandwich is recommended.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

First the service. Wow!!! From the bartender to the hostess to the waitress. Sat us exactly at our reservation time on a very busy Christmas Eve. The food is excellent with a very good price point. I recommend the trout. Others in my group were happy with the prime rib. Presentation could use a little step up and I recommend table cloths for this nice of facility. Overall a 5 star experience. Did I mention the service, on what I am guessing was a surprisingly busy Christmas Eve the staff was amazing both in service and southern friendly hospitality. If in the area dinning here is a must!!!!!

Date of visit: December 2017