All reviews hot tub suite windmill room in town room was clean within walking distance gas fireplace staff was very friendly night's sleep king suite shops and restaurants we loved our stay stay there again stayed one night next morning coffee maker a great place to stay get away
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

A unique hotel for sure! The beds are high off ground, but they are comfortable. The young lady at desk was very sweet. The motel is a bit dated, but interesting. The location was close to town and across from Betty store. The room felt sticky that night when we tried to sleep. Floors could have been a bit cleaner.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2018

My wife and I stopped in Helen on our way back to Florida from Bryson City.. We have been to Helen before but never overnight. This place is an old fashioned motel along the main street but up on a hill, near all the shops and restaurants. You can park your car and walk to everything. The room was nice, nothing special but clean.Check in has moved next door to the Model Train Museum and Gift Shop (on the right when looking at the motel). At $88 a night for a Sunday night it wasn't cheap nor expensive. It has suites in the windmill towers. Nice views from up on high. By the way you get free entrance to the Model Train Museum, really cool.

Room tip: Get a room away from the stairwells
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Hotel was lovely and clean. Staff was very friendly. Perfect location, we could walk to every where we wanted to go. And as a bonus we even got to see some bears We enjoyed our stay here and can't wait to go back.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

This motel was wonderful. Good clean, comfortable room that was decorated nicely. Easy walking distance to most of what Helen has to offer. We would stay there again and recommend it to our friends and family.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

I had no clue what to expect. Reviews on different sites didn't really describe how pleasant my stay would turn out to be! A quaint little family run place that makes you feel welcome from check in to departure. A stay here includes free admission to Charlemagne's Kingdom, a beautiful and fascinating model train exhibit. Even my wife enjoyed seeing it! This is a nice, quiet, and clean family run hotel that I felt like almost part of the family from check in to departure. A very pleasant weekend stay! It's a very easy walk to the main downtown part of Helen. The convenience of the location includes a well stocked general (grocery) store right across the street that should have what most people might need while on vacation. I think I have found my favorite lodging in Helen!

Date of stay: June 2018