“Good wine tasting”

Habersham Vineyards & Winery
Ranked #7 of 41 things to do in Helen
More attraction details
Owner description: Habersham Winery has been producing award winning Georgia wines since 1983 and is one of Georgia's oldest and largest wineries.
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

You have to pay to taste, but they give you 5 samples and you get to keep the souvenir glass. The wine tasted good, so my wife and I both bought a bottle (we have different tastes). They have a nice little gift shop also. The staff was friendly, but I wish they'd explain a little more about the wines instead of just sweet or dry.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Habersham winery is in a great location on the way into Helen. All of the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The wine was great also. If you are looking for souvenirs and wine accessories, this is the place!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

The wine tasting here was a little expensive ($7.50), but this was for five different wines and a free glass. The server was helpful and friendly. It was a pleasant experience, and I left with half a case of wonderful wine.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We ventured to the winery after noticing it on our way into town. The exterior is stunning as well as the inside. We had a blast sampling the choices and even grabbed a few bottles to take home. Prices were extremely affordable and we would definitely return and tell others to visit. The staff were in good spirits despite the lingering storm coming in to town. Oh make sure to try the peach wine!

Emily D, General Manager at Habersham Vineyards & Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Leslie,
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit! Thank you for your kind words. Our staff if truly fantastic and I'm glad you think so too. I hope you will visit us again when you are in town.

Thank you!
Emily

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Having traveled to many wineries my expectations are a bit high. I was not expecting a lot when I stopped here, but was pleasantly surprised. The staff were very friendly and hospitable. We were greeted upon arrival and not rushed at all. We took our time sipping and learning all about the wine and the area. The wines were good, I purchased three bottles. I am a red drinker and the reds did not disappoint. The tasting room is nice as is the gift area. I highly recommend a stop here.

Emily D, Manager at Habersham Vineyards & Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Lisa,
We are so pleased that you had a nice visit and enjoyed our wines! I hope you will visit us again in the future. Thank you for your kind, complimentary comments!
Emily