All reviews sky bar presidential suite steam room separate sitting area chef dean a fine dining experience chef's table dumb waiter food and service were great local wineries dinner reservations pool area is room amenities bottle of champagne shuttle service my hubby yonah mountain
Reviewed 8 September 2018

Everything about this hotel exceeded my expectations. The room was clean and spacious, with plenty of amenities. From check-in to check-out, the service was extraordinary. We visited the bar and restaurant and both were excellent.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

The resort was fantastic! The staff were amazing. The room was clean, spacious and cozy all at once. We ate at the skybar lounge - the mozzarella is made on site - so delicious! We stayed the weekend. We also loved the turndown service with the chocolates. The resort is quiet too - important for me as I’m a light sleeper. I used the gym - but since we were there for a family event - I did not have time for a spa service - but the services offered looked amazing. The pool is the perfect size and the pool lounge chairs are high end - woven with cushions - not cheap plastic ones. A must if you want to sit by the pool and read or relax. Beautiful views. 5++++++. (Picture is view from skybar lounge).

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We were delighted with experience at Valhalla and highly recommend it! Everyone that worked there went above and beyond to make our experience the best. We also had the pleasure of meeting the owners, very kind and friendly both of them! I'm so thankful they decided to open this absolutely perfect little place! We dined in the skybar, the Caledonia room and a private dining experience in the Abbey! Every time perfect! Thank you all for what you do! Sincerely, Tammie Stenstrom

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2018

First, I tried to find good email addresses to communicate with the hotel directly rather than write a review. This place has too much potential, I am more interested in it succeeding rather than leaving a bad review. But, since I was not able to find any good owner info, here goes.

This hotel has a great amount of potential. The overwhelming fly in the ointment was the staff and lack of training. I am not trying to be overwhelmingly negative. We travel a lot and gauge our expectations appropriately. We didn't expect this to be The Biltmore in Asheville. But, this hotel has so much going for it that I am taking an interest in pointing out some things.

1. Hair in the food. We ate at the Sky Bar twice. The first time we found a human hair in our onion rings, so we made the waiter aware of it and he contacted a manager. The manager sent up another batch of rings, and this time it had another hair (long eyelash or short head hair) in the ranch dip. If I had been managing, I would have removed the rings form the ticket completely and even offered a free dessert. We paid for all the food it seems.

2. Dumbwaiter noise in the Presidential Suite. The Sky Bar receives its food up on the 4th floor via a dumbwaiter that goes up and down with the food from the kitchen. This is a constant noise right beside the bed in the Presidential Suite, and goes non-stop as long as the Sky Lounge is open. At first we didn't know what the noise was, but it sounded like they were doing construction in the suite next door.

3. Picnic lunch with dirty utensils. We were packed an otherwise delicious lunch to take on a wine tour. Aside from no napkins being packed, we were given dirty/greasy knives and forks.

4. The Sky Bar is a great spot, but it is small enough that comments made at one table can be hard at all tables. So, if we ask that a table be wiped before we sit down, it could be for anything we see or any reason we have. As a waiter, please don't shout questions about what do we see or ask why. Just wipe it without drawing attention. Especially since we have already found hair in our food twice and we simply want it wiped.

And, please don't analyze how much food I have eaten off my plate for everyone to hear. If I choose to eat one bite and send the rest back, There is no need for commentary so that I have to explain why I am choosing not to read it all.

5. Keeping hours - the Sky Bar was not opened at its advertised time. So, we stood up there for about 10 minutes waiting for someone to arrive. Eventually a couple of staff members arrived, but its a little awkward waiting.

6. Trash cans in rooms. The Presidential Suite had 1 trash can in the whole suite, and none in the bathroom.

There are other things to add, but the point is that the staff was the main struggle in our visit. They just need a complete training in etiquette, tact, dealing with issues quickly and properly, and discretion. As well, some staff needs to listen to the dumbwaiter noise, and maybe have the Hotel Manager check on things more often......and then listen.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank WaterboyGA
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We spent two nights for an anniversary getaway and I recommend the resort ... accommodating and very friendly staff, very comfortable beds, nice bathroom, great restaurant, and the sky bar is excellent for happy hour/after-dinner cocktails. We especially enjoyed relaxing at the pool in the afternoon as there are no young children. It would be great if the shuttle service ran later then 9:30 as there are only two Uber drivers in town and the local taxi driver is unfriendly (and that is being way too nice). My advice would be to book a room on the upper floors that does not overlook the restaurant roof. You'll enjoy your stay. We will be back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple