All reviews patio room continental breakfast screen door bagels in town within walking distance junior suite small kitchenette flat screen tv bavarian theme an easy walk an older hotel third floor rocking chairs non smoking room great place to stay the location is perfect
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights in a junior suite. The room was very large with a full sized kitchen and a huge shower. The room was very clean and the staff we encountered were very nice. The furniture in our room was outdated (which neither of us minded) but clean and comfortable. We were disappointed to find that the pool was closed for maintenance. We loved the kitchen! We went to the grocery store and cooked our meals instead of eating out. I would definitely stay at The Helendorf again if I ever find myself in Helen again!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Our group consisted of 2 adults, 2 teenagers and a dog. Yes, they are pet friendly BUT if you want to bring your pet, you cannot book with a 3rd party (for example, Tripadvisor, booking.com and so on). I did not know this and they were able to get us in a pet friendly room but not without acting like it was an inconvenience. I did appreciate that they did that. Keep in mind we were in a pet friendly room, the size was great, the tile on the floor, no problem. The water pressure in the shower was really good. My biggest complaint, and the reason I only gave 3 stars, the beds were very uncomfortable, very hard and slightly sloped. I did no sleep well and woke up stuff and sore. The other great thing about this hotel, the location. We were there 2 nights and never moved the car, it was only an 11 minute walk to go tubing! Loved the location. Due to mother reviews, we did not even go to their continental breakfast, 7 minutes away is Hovers Bakery and oh my, that was such a wonderful breakfast, we went both mornings.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2018

This hotel is on the river with some rooms with a view of the river. Near Main St. Walking distance to some restaurants and shops. Older hotel but worth the cost to be near the center of town. I drove down to Cool River Chattahoochee Outpost but it is only .5 miles. I used Cool River because I used them back in the 90's when I last visited Helen GA.

Room Tip: My room was in the interior. But next time I will pay to get a room on the river.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

The ideal location could not overcome the musty smell. I do not understand why there are so many good reviews. I was very disappointed but did not bother to complain because the registration forms indicated there would be no refunds for early departures.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DEBORAG
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a family/friends trip. This was an awesome experience!!!! We had patio rooms and they did not disappoint. The rooms were surprisingly quiet. The hotel is newly renovated and clean. Kitchenette was perfect. We had a breaker incident and it was fixed within 5 minutes. We are booking again next year for sure!!!! Perfect location and the river is gorgeous!!!! Thanks Helendorf!!!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends