“Convenient to hotel when stranded at Atlanta airport”

Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Hapeville
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard Atlanta Airport North when my ongoing flight to was canceled due to fog at my final destination. There's a convenient shuttle from the airport although you have to be careful which one you get on. After making my reservations via the main Marriott number, I called the hotel directly from an airport courtesy phone to find out which shuttle to take. The shuttle provided cold water, which was a nice touch and I noticed that the driver was particularly careful to work with a wheelchair-bound person to ensure their comfort. The hotel was fine - rooms clean, TV, climate control, and bathroom/shower facilities all worked fine. My ongoing flight was scheduled for early morning and I grabbed another shuttle to the airport. If I had any suggestions for the hotel it would be to have some snacks available for people who come in late in the evening when flights are canceled and to open the breakfast area a little earlier so persons with early flights can grab something.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Evan06

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Very nicely done renovations. Most of the rooms are suites which is very comfortable for business purposes. the lobby area is nice for meeting up with people. Lack of a real restaurant could be a problem for others but was not for me since I never ate at the hote.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2011

This was a Girls weekend, concert, etc. It is close to the Ampitheatre but very hard to get to. If I had not printed directions we would have been lost. We did get lost coming back form the concert and we were far away. There really isn't any nice restruants close by either. Glad we were here for just one night. The front desk was not helpful. There were 4 of us checking in, the room was prepayed already but she refused to go ahead and let me check in. This was after a 5 hour drive. There are several other hotels around on this hotel strip that I would pick. There was never anyone available at the food counter to purchase just a coke while I waited.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the front of the hotel ...for your safety
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2011

When we arrived there was no one at the front desk for 20 minutes. Finally when someone came, thiere was a line so long that it took another fifteen minutes and they never had a second clerk come. Then when we went to our room the key did not work (this occurred all weekend). There was never anyone at the food counter, which was overpriced and not very good. The rooms were not well lit and there were stains all over the carpet. It was not a very good experience for the price we paid.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Delta chose this hotel for me when I missed my flight. There's nothing wrong with the hotel itself. The rooms are clean, modern amenities, and the staff are friendly. But I paid $160 for one night which was the "best available rate" and I just think it's a little overpriced for a Courtyard. There are a few nicer hotels nearby such as the Hilton and Renaissance for around the same price. Had I known, I would've chosen one of those.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hapeville
0.5 km away
1.1 km away
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
1 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK