“WOW...not THAT is BBQ”

Pit Boss BBQ
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Hapeville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 21 May 2018

When you pull up to the location, you are immediately underwhelmed. So, manage your expectations. This place is SUPER casual. It was difficult finding a place to park because everyone and I mean EVERYONE is trying to get their BBQ fix at the same time.

We waited in line for 10 minutes and ordered our food and were lucky to grab a table. Once the food was ready, a waitress would call your name and bring the food to you. Beverages were self-serve.

We ordered bbq brisket, ribs, mac and cheese, potato salad, collard greens and peach cobbler. Can I say delicious?? I rarely ever give out an excellent rating to a restaurant, but this place truly deserved it. The brisket literally melted in your mouth and the pit boss hot and mild bbq sauces complemented the meats very well. The sides were not an afterthought. Everything was SO good. Finger-licking, humming while you eat good. Due to business, I am no stranger to fine dining, but this type of food in a hole in the wall location, was right up my alley. I do not want BBQ in a fussy place, I want to see the smoker and know that it is being cooked properly. The Pit Boss gives you that feeling and more. Several people ordered mountains of to-go boxes and now I know why! (Prices are definitely reasonable!)

Fortunately, it is only a 15-20 minute ride from the ATL airport. If you have a long layover, you absolutely MUST check out this place if you like BBQ.I WILL BE BACK!

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Went here on the recommendation from the desk clerk at the Hilton. Tiny building, small parking lot, fantastic service, amazingly delicious food and this place kept a line out the door the entire time we were there! Had the chopped pork sandwich and loaded it with the regular sauce. Hubby had the ribs and we split an order of wings. Their staff was friendly and very sweet to my boys :) We will definitely be coming back next time we are in town!

Reviewed 3 May 2018

They know how to put it down.!!! I thought it would be a gritty joint. I had no idea looking from the outside. They are great the bar was looking good.sorry I had no drinks, but the view of it was very nice.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and kids love beef brisket. Pit boss has some of the best. We’ve taken food to go before but today we dined in. The French fries are awesome, tea is good and amazing bbq sandwiches. Go. Don’t hesitate.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Very popular place at lunch. I ordered the baby back ribs. Choice of hot or mild sauce. Both were good. Ribs were tender and good, but just a little more blackened than I like.

Lots of choices of meats. Friendly staff.