See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

This is a perfect example of slum Lords..... You know how you read reviews and think "No Way", well, yes way. I paid 75.00 for a King room. My
first indication of yes way was going up the stairs to the second floor the stairs(my room was on the
second floor) and the stars were creaking and moving, I looked back to make sure my husband hadn't fallen into trap step or something.. Get to the room open the door and wow, tv onthe wall and no nasty carpet like they said,laminate wood floors nice.Now the BEDdd was a different story..No, first those two crusty phones next to the beds that were used when it was first constructed,they actually still have them and when I say they were filthy faded,and grungy believe me they were. the first thing I thought about was do they have people to inspect hotels like they do restaurants because if they don't they should. Now my king bed was a King dead but when I pulled the comforter back the sheets were two different colors they were beige and yellow with different kind of little spots on them and the pillows look like they were stuffed with straw. lolol I finally found the light switch that was next to the bed so I can have some light and make sure that I was saying correctly I was... there was a nice 40 inch flat screen TV on the wall away from the plug so there were wires stretch from where the TV was plugged into where the TV was located so all of the cords were exposed. we could not get the TV to work so I had to touch that feels and nasty grungy telephone to punch 0 and no one ever answered so my husband had to go downstairs to tell him about the TV so the owner came upstairs and you had to work the TV with your finger. Okay on to the bathroom where there were two towels to hand towels and there was a hand towel with soap and shampoo no face towels the bathtub was so scary the soap holder had grunge in it from when they first open the hotel and I don't know where they got those towels from because they were thin and gray, but when I went downstairs and let her know that I needed some towels and face cloths I got some big fluffy ones, but the sink was nice. Don't forget the continental breakfast, there was coffee milk cereal package the small packaged muffins they have bread and I was so afraid of that milk and cereal oh I'm sorry they also had Tang in the containers the cereal was in the little twisty things stamp to the cabinet that you twist and get your cereal out of I didn't know what happened in that cereal but I just came down and got me a cup of coffee got ready to check out and go have me some breakfast. I'm not sure what third-country these people come from or if these are the standards that they are used to in the countries that they are from but this just should not be acceptable here I expect to get exactly what you promised on your website. I do not understand how people come here and are allowed to just move in and rent things as they were 20 years ago without making any improvements, people there has to be some sort of standard. So thank you holiday Lodge for the nice floor and the nice sink.... People, they suck believe it, YESWAY

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2018

I stayed here for two days. The place is clean. The staff friendly and courteous. I would do it again. Price and continental breakfast were superb. For your travel budget it is well worth staying here.

Room Tip: Room 221 Clean and quiet
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2017

It seems as though the review system is only given by those who have a bad experience. Out of the hundreds that stay in the hotel the handful give a review which is bad. The hotel is overall great. I feel that this hotel deserves better ratings because the reviews are somewhat skewed to represent the bad experiences. I have had a great experience everytime I visit this hotel during Masters Week. The front desk clerk in the morning is extremely helpful. She makes sure your experience is well worth the money you pay. I feel that many who give this place a bad review try to get their money back. However, its a great hotel for its price. The deluxe bedding is very reminiscent of a 4 star bedding. If you want the best experience, try to make it as smooth as possible. If your reservation is very tricky or you come unprepared to provide a reservation name, etc. the experience will obviously be stressful. It is extremely important to realize they are humans to working with what they receive from the reservation.

Room Tip: Book a Deluxe Room
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank larryh1945
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

If I could rate this lower I would. This hotel is completely awful. When we walked in, it smelt of raging Marijuana. The front desk man was so high he couldnt even talk straight. They have to hand you your remote for the TV in the room, the carpet was WET from the room being so muggy and the bottom of my feet were sticky from walking on the carpet. The bathroom was absolutely disgusting. The beds were dirty. Please, avoid this hotel. The front desk man was eyeing my 2 teenage girls. Long story short, we did not even stay. We left after scoping the room out and told the man we did not like the rooms. Do not stay here, save your time and money.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 14 March 2017

I have stayed in Hostels in 3rd world countries better than this hotel. Bathroom sink leaked onto feet when running, shower curtain literally had something growing on it, comforters still had food stains from previous guests and customer service was rude, uncompromising and flat out mean, furthermore, one employee likes to tell customers that there is ghosts in the hotel and in your rooms? I am so easy-going & for me to even write a review takes effort that I normally don't care that much about but this was one of the worst experiences I have every had in an overnight stay and I have had plenty.
DO NOT STAY HERE; Pay the additional cost to stay somewhere sustainable.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends