“Room smelled”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Forsyth
CT
“Room smelled”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We were on the first floor in a corner room. It smelled and seemed rather small. The bed came with 2 pillows. They were flat, about 2 inches high. I folded mine in half. I remembered buying similar ones at Walmart for my son's camping trip.
I have stayed at a number of Super 8s. We were looking for a hotel that we could come to monthly in the area. This won't be it.
On the positive side, the staff were nice, the breakfast decent and the lobby was nice.

Room Tip: dont go in room 105
Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I recently stayed here on my way home from Spring Break, and I too read all the reviews. This hotel is totally fine; but it's a Super 8, and what I would consider a fairly typical Super 8 at that. People were nice at the desk, and my room was clean, I have no complaints. But If you rate this property 5 stars you have to add '5 stars for a cheap roadside motel'.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jstallings67
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Great place to stay. Everyone was so friendly. The motel was very clean and recently updated. Hot breakfast, etc. Nice outside pool area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Beverly Hills, Florida
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I would have thought I would stay at a Super 8, but after I read the reviews, In had to check it out-- For the $, it is clean, safe, the breakfast was great.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank makkkkko2000
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 10 January 2012

First, I reserve a ranking of 5 to luxury hotels, so my score is based on an economy hotel high of 4. I wanted a 3-star or above hotel and was willing to pay more than other local hotels for it, and this hotel lived up to my hopes. The staff is extemely pleasant, the older bed mattreses were adequate (our stay Dec. 2011), and the rooms fairly clean. The breakfast buffet was great - fresh make-em-yourself waffles from batter, eggs (reheatable from the freezer, but how often do you get eggs at a free buffet!), biscuits and sausage gravy, instant oatmeal and grits elevate this from just a cold spread of processed breakfast items to a substantial meal to start your day. The staff was quick to restock, and there was a microwave to ensure your meal could be eaten hot. Pet friendly in general, with an adequate area to curb a dog. The rooms are basic hotel fare, but seemed clean. Would stay again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family