“Hits the spot!”
Review of John's Fine Food

John's Fine Food
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Forest Park
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped in as we just arrived on international flight. Parking lot was full and a line of people to get food...good sign for good food! Service was quick and everyone was extremely friendly. Fried chicken and ribs were delicious! Mac & cheese, Lima beans, and collards were all seasoned well. Great sweet tea! Reasonably priced for large portions of food. We will definitely be back again!

Reviewed 11 February 2018

What I would call cafeteria style, you go down a line and say what you want. Hard to beat the ribs or fried chicken. Everything is plain but that doesn't matter. It is the food that matters and they do that very well. A bit of a drive from downtown Atlanta but if you are in the area it is a place to stop for lunch. Parking is crowded.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Okay, you are looking for a really good, no great meat and three near the airport then go to John's Fine Foods in Forest Park, Ga. Great meal choices served cafeteria style with endless choices. Do not pass up the veggies as they are as good as the meats, too. Please notice the latest health department scores and you will feel even better about being there.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Ths outside appearance is not as appealing as it could be. However, the food was not too bad, Far from the best in soul food around town, but passable.

I ordered fried whiting fish and it was cooked to order. Good flavor, but the vegetables were rather bland. I have many friends who rave over the food here, so I won't pass judgment on one visit.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

From the outside upon pulling up my first thoughts were....why is the parking lot so crowded for this place! After trying the food I see why!....all I can say is wow! I was surprised at how good the food was in this hidden hold in the wall! Even though the line was long it moved very quickly. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and patient as I stood there trying to make a decision about what I wanted. The food was hot and fresh and very well seasoned. I definitely will be returning here.