“Never judge a restaurant from the outside..”
Review of John's Fine Food

John's Fine Food
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Forest Park
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

From the outside upon pulling up my first thoughts were....why is the parking lot so crowded for this place! After trying the food I see why!....all I can say is wow! I was surprised at how good the food was in this hidden hold in the wall! Even though the line was long it moved very quickly. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and patient as I stood there trying to make a decision about what I wanted. The food was hot and fresh and very well seasoned. I definitely will be returning here.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

I stopped by John's Fine Food this past Friday because someone recommended it to me. I ordered a veggie plate which consisted of yams, mac and cheese, pinto beans and cabbage. It was pretty good especially the mac and cheese. It was not the best soul food I have had ( I have to get that at home) but it was not the worst either. Every one has different taste buds but the food was good to me. I have high blood pressure and I do not like highly seasoned food and this food was not highly seasoned. I got a plate for my husband to go and he just added seasoning to his food. I also had the yellow cake with the chocolate frosting which was good. I will go back to John's when I am in the area.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I was craving soul food and asked around and a few people said to try this place out. The food was so delicious. I had the fish, and it was well seasoned and didn't have any funny ocean smell to it like most fillets do. The price was very reasonable, but on a Sunday, the line was out the door. it's worth the trip though. I'll be back!

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

John's Fine Foods is an excellent establishment. I usually go on Wed. for the turkey and dressing. And two sides of vegetables. Always good and consistent. Same people there every time. Excellent customer service.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Me and the family went here on Tuesday. It was "meatball " day. Sigh * I got meatballs and macaroni. My husband got chicken and greens and yams. My "meatball" tasted like meatloaf (which I love meatloaf so I didn't mind) but my food had NO flavor! The macaroni was over cooked and lil flavor. My husbands chicken was bland and his greens didn't have that delicious flavor he likes. I also got a chocolate cake WHICH taste like Saran Wrap. The two women who I TRIED to chat with behind the counters looked miserable. And NOT friendly. My food came up to 7.95 which will fill you up. But No flavor at all. I'll be sure to keep going past this place when I'm in search of good "Southern" food.

2  Thank BackPacker705611