“Theft” 1 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn Atlanta/Fayetteville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fayetteville
“Theft”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2011

I stayed at the 30214 Hampton Inn location during my brother's wedding weekend. Upon leaving the hotel, I left my iPad on the desk in the room. Upon realizing that my iPad was missing from my suitcase, I called the hotel. They claimed to have searched their "lost and found" and then asked that I call back to speak to their housekeeping manager. When I called back, they told me the housekeeping manager was unavailable but they would pass along the message. The iPad never left the hotel during the weekend, so there are no excuses for the hotel not finding my belongings. Needless to say, I will no longer trust this hotel or any other Hampton.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank VeryAngry1
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lexington,SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2010

When we arrived at the hotel here was a quick check in process and everything went well with that. Once my colleague got into her room she noticed that all of her drawers were open on the dresser and there was a shop vac sitting outside the elevator on our floor so she was concerned the room was being treated for something. She called the front deska nd theya ssured her that housekeeping had propabaly just left the drawers open after cleaning. We thought it was a little strange but was fine with it. Later that evening my colleague went down to the front desk to ask for a wakeup call. The employee at the front desk was talking very casually on the phone as if it was a friend. My colleague asked for the wake up call but felt nervous that she was not going to receive it because the lady at the front desk just wrote it down and then continued her conversation. Well guess what, no wake up call the next morning. When we went down to grab a bite to eat for breakfast we were very dissapointed. There were no newspapers available and there is almost always USA Today at all Hampton Inn's. The breakfast was very subpar for Hampton. The hot meal was hard biscuits and sausage grave which I passed right over. I thought I would just grab some cereal and a piece of fruit. The choices for cereal were Corn flakes, corn flakes and corn flakes. There was no fruit on site and they usually have apples, bananas and a mixed fruit bowl, but nothing. So we skipped breakfast all together and thought we would grab a breakfast bag on the way out. Hamptons usually put together a breakfast bag with a water, fruit and cereal bar in case you do not have time to eat in the lobby. Well there were none of those either. While we were in the breakfast area there was another couple there that commented that they had never stayed at a Hampton Inn like this that did not serve a nice breakfast. I had to agree. I am a buisness woman and I ALWAYS stay at Hampton Inn. I am part of thier HHonors program and I stay so much there taht I am a Diamond member. I love Hampton's because I feel like I can always expect a great stay. However this property is not at the level that Hampton Inn normally provides. Very dissapointing.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank tammysteve1
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2010

I Book this hotel because of the closeness to the hospital which a family member was having surgery. A 3 night stay of disappointment. My children were very disappointed due to the lack of scrumptious breakfast advertised. There were never any waffles at all. Told by staff they are waiting on shipment. I clearly suggested they go purchase some because they are setting false expectations and false advertisement, even on your room on television commercials 24hrs (They Laughed). As a paying customer, I do not have to understand about their shipment. I also do not have to understand requesting my sheets be changed due to the bed feeling buggy. Nor do I have to understand about the tub that fills up while showering. I understand things happen but I call and complained 3 times to corporate about. yes the waffles and was given a case number that I have to allow them up to 72hrs to respond. This is ridiculous. I have incurred over $50 for my family on breakfast alone, which should have been serve at the Hampton Inn, Fayetteville. By the way the fitness room has only 3 machines, so don't be in a rush.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ASadCustomer
Milton, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2010

At check in, we were "not informed" in advance, that the elevators were not working or the pool had been shut down. We had teen age granddaughters with us who really were looking forward to enjoying the pool. The breakfast buffet was not as expected. It was not being kept supplied or fresh and we were not near the end of the buffet time. I would say this Hampton Inn has a real management problem. The facilities is nice and pretty new, but the furniture in the room is not even being kept clean. We were in a room on the 3rd floor and had to use the stairs for our entire stay. This was the worst Hampton Inn we have experienced and Hampton Inns had been a first choice previously. We had planned on making this a place to return to, since we have family in the area and are here frequently. We won't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank yaya#1
Columbus, Ga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2010

Little problems and bigger ones too kept creeping up. The desk was friendly and helpful at check in. Lobby was large for the hotel type and very clean. My room was decent-sized for my purposes, clean and the bed was super cozy. Unfortunately, that's where the good ended. The first thing I noticed was my shower door handle had been DUCT TAPED over. On the inside... kinda weird and gross, but whatever. Mentioned it to the desk, and nothing. The second day, Internet was down, which was a problem since I was there for a conference and need to do some research. Tried to watch TV instead, but channel selection was limited. Real problem came on the third day when I tried to shower for my conference... NO HOT WATER! Talked to others in the same hotel, and they all had the same issue. It was like 102, and we were all walking to the conference. Not good. Internet continued to be an issue. So while it looked like I lucked out at first, it ended up being pretty bad. Didn't deserve a 1 because it was pretty clean and cozy, but the problems kept it from being great.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NifferNiffer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fayetteville
11.6 km away
23.9 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
13.2 km away
Crowne Plaza Atlanta-Peachtree Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta/Fayetteville? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK