Hotel Arena Blanca(San Andres)
US$ 227
US$ 210
  • Pool
Posada Amaripucci(San Andres)(Great Value!)
US$ 139
Hotel El Dorado(San Andres)
US$ 197
US$ 188
BestDay.com
  • Breakfast included
Hostal Marlyn Sai(San Andres)(Great Value!)
US$ 58
    Tropical Coral(San Andres)(Great Value!)
    US$ 69
    US$ 35
    La Posada De Lulu(San Andres)
    US$ 78
    • Restaurant
    bedfinder
    • Pool
    • Restaurant
    Blue Almond Hostel(San Andres)
    • Breakfast included
    TripAdvisor
    All reviewsdive masterthe ownerboutique hotellovely pooldivesscootersnorkelingmosesninaparadisebeacheswreckislandtaxishammockstoilet
    Reviewed 13 April 2018

My friend and I spent 3 nights at Tranquilo and we enjoyed it. The deluxe room was like a bungalow, very spacious, with a safe for your valuables. We enjoyed reading in the hammock by the pool and admiring the gardens. There are blue lizards and some birdlife. We did a bit of snorkeling close to shore, but we didn't get instructions on where to go so I didn't see the shipwreck or reefs. The owner and Nina were helpful and charming.

There are a few things that were not great. Our shower had no pressure, so we showered in the outdoor shower instead (no big deal). The internet didn't really work.The toilet was a bit finicky. All the restaurants outside of town close at 4PM, so you will need to arrive with some groceries (no market nearby). That was really the big minus because we needed some planning for dinners and had no choice to go back to town with taxis. The buses have very complicated routes and a not so straight-forward system.

I would recommend staying at Tranquilo towards the end of your trip, once you are more familiar with the island.

Room Tip: The regular rooms are in the main building, closer to the road, so could be a bit more noisy than the Deluxe bungalows facing the pool.
    • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 29 March 2018

My husband and I had a great time during a 4 night stay at Playa Trinquillo on San Andres, Island.
    1st the accommodation: It’s lovely – the rooms are very spacious! The bathroom is huge and there is hot water – which was NOT the case at another boutique hotel we stayed at in San Andres! Furthermore, there is large closet area between the bathroom and bedroom with shelves and a safe. As a special touch, when one checks in there is a beautiful bouquet on the king sized bed!
    One also has the use of a nice kitchen, and both an indoor and outdoor dining area. The kitchen is only shared with one other room. Breakfast is included so you never have to worry about cooking breakfast! However, we did save a lot of money by doing some of our own cooking!
    2nd – Nina the manager: She is terrific! She really cares about the guests and is truly sorry when you leave! She did everything she could to help us with our stay, e.g. got a Spanish –English dictionary for us in town, and helped us pay for extra luggage fees in advance so we would save a lot of money! (We were travelling with heavy scuba gear). Nina also is fluent in English!
    3rd – Isaias the dive master: Isaias lives at the resort and is a really fit, competent dive master who was formerly in the Colombian navy. It was just the dive master Isaias and us for all our dives! Our dives were all shore dives, and the reefs are healthy! Two special treats: our night dive with incredibly luminescence, and being the only divers on the Blue Diamond wreck and swimming in and out of the sardine ball!
    Also, there is a lovely pool, indoor or dining area for breakfast in a separate building, and beautiful flowers and plants on the grounds.

Room Tip: The rooms closest to the ocean probably have the best view.
    • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 25 January 2018

My husband and I stayed at Playa Tranquilo for 3 nights this past week. In choosing this B & B, we were seeking to be away from the business of the town center, and indeed, we got what we wanted. The staff here was particularly accommodating, making suggestions about how we could enjoy the island, given that, for the first days, the sea was rough for the snorkeling we wanted to do. We thoroughly enjoyed our ride in the mulito that staff helped us to rent and were able to travel the interior roads as well as the outer ring of this lush and laid back island. we enjoyed the breakfast, served outside as well as the lovely pool area and grounds. Playa Tranquilo staff do all that they can to make their guests comfortable. On our last day, we were able to snorkel to the wreck off the coast across the road and were able to get a glimpse of the lovely reefs off-shore. Thank you to Nina and Moses, and their helpful staff!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank mls91Boston
    Reviewed 21 October 2017

I would absolutely recommend this hotel for your stay on San Andres. The pool and grounds are beautiful, it's right across from the ocean (no beach, but very pretty) and the staff will help you get set up with a scooter to take you anywhere you'd like to go on the small island. They also provide breakfast, snorkeling and scuba certification/tours/equipment - we had everything we needed during our stay.
    What really set this hotel apart from anywhere else I've stayed, though, is the amazing service. I accidentally left my cell phone near the office reception when I left, and they followed up with me to have it sent back to Canada. Because the postal system in Colombia is not very reliable, they were unable to mail it. So they held onto my phone for SIX months until another Canadian stayed at the hotel and agreed to bring it back for me. This was really above and beyond what most hotels would do - I had pretty much assumed I'd never see my phone again - but they persisted and kept it safe for me until they found a way to get it back to me in Canada. I was so impressed, and would absolutely recommend this place to anyone looking for a down to earth and friendly experience in a remote and beautiful place.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Zeffy_1013
    Reviewed 10 September 2017

This place is isolated away from any other hotels or restaurants. The rooms are in the same building as the office and dive shop and are very noisy. They overlook the highway, and the ocean in the distance.

They did not provide a contact number, so we made a reservation anyway, and arrived at 1 am. While we were sleeping the next morning, they woke us up and told us to get out because they had rented our room. Check out? We have not checked in yet. We needed to find a hotel but they had called us a taxi and said the taxi driver would find us a hotel. That was a very expensive and very short stay, and we still did not get enough sleep. Very rude and very strange.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
    • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple