See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel on bookings.com
Worst hotel i ever been to in my life
Flooding toilets. No hot water
Disgusting bedding
Unfriendly and unhelpful staff. Load noise and music outside. Construction happening above reception, with pieces of cement almost falling on you as u enter
Wanted up front payment. When i got to the room discovered all the problems went down to complain straight away they refused to reimburse me. Still on going fight. Ended up in hotel bahai sardenia. Much better
Please dont waste your time here. We were not the only people complaining.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2017

I have been to many hotels in my travels, this is by far the worst. Upon arriving staff were very unhelpful and unfriendly. The attitude was extremely lazy and communication very poor. When checking into the room, full payment was required upfront (should have seen this was a red flag). We checked into the room and and started to uncover various issues, first of all there was no hot water (other guests later complained about this too when we were in reception), the shower tap was broken, the basin was coming away from the wall, basin tap also loose, the toilet was leaking sewage all over the bathroom floor, there was left over old used soap bars and shaving razors from previous guests in the shower, the room was not cleaned properly and it turned out that there was a massive carnival occurring right outside the room as well as major building works which the hotel failed to mention at the time of booking making it impossible to sleep. Upon raising these issues with the staff, their attitude made it clear that we could not stay at the hotel and therefore decided to cancel and seek alternative accommodation as we were made to feel that despite all these issues we should just deal with it and continue to stay in the room. Whilst the hotel staff at the time, after very lengthy talks, confirmed we would get a full refund and should come back the following day to receive it, to date we have received no refund despite not staying at the hotel. We found the same issue had been encountered by other guests we met in reception also complaining about issues.

Avoid this hotel, there are many others offering better quality, better service for cheaper.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank dph832015
Reviewed 20 March 2017

The hotel has a perfect location since it´s in front of the main beach of the island. Near by good restaurants and the airport as well. The only detail we didnt like was they dont have hot water for the bathroom showers.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2017

I tried to reserve a room at their own website but it didn't work, I tried several browsers none worked. Used a common hotel reservation website to make the reservation. Walked in with my reservation number and the young ladies at the reception asked me to sit down, I had to wait about an hour until they finally checked me in, additionally the staff at the reception are all very unfriendly. The WiFi only work in the lobby and there's only cold water available.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Generally It was nice experience with hotel Portobelo convention center. This hotel is situated right on the beautiful Caribbean Sea. Also it is near to taxi station, rental cars, shops and airport. I recommend this part of island with the best beach. The hotel is old, but the bad was very comfortable. Breakfast was good with variety of food and fruits. I recommend you to take only breakfast and for dinner go to another places. Personal a little bit slow but friendly. Check in was strange as you have to send email to hotel with your booking information. Also they charge additional money for hair conditioner, shampoo and for using locker.

Date of stay: June 2016