“OK for a stopover”

Magnuson Hotel Elberton
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Elberton
Reviewed 9 October 2010

We stayed here as Elberton was convenient to our next morning's outdoor activity and our travel companion had a dog. This hotel allowed pets, if you don't have pets it seemed other hotels in town were a better choice.

The reservations were in order but I don't understand why he could not place our group closer to each other as the hotel was mostly vacant. The parking appeared secure. The room was spacious enough but could use a thorough cleaning. Nothing particular stood out but it was just a bit dingy. Micro/fridge/coffee pot - terrible coffee. The linens were clean. The bathroom could have been cleaner. The internet and TV were sufficient.

They were helpful in giving directions and very friendly staff.

The breakfast had cereal and waffles. For $52 + tax I think it is overpriced.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fenderrocks
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 March 2009

I have stayed at this hotel twice for business trips that I make into Elberton and each time I have been pleased. This is not an expensive hotel (I've normally paid about $50-60/night) but it does offer a good room and some niceties. The owner (Mr. Sam Amin) lives on site and went the extra step to accomodate our special requests (we had a large party of monument dealers in town and we needed a room away from the rest of the guests where we could host a hospitality room, and Mr. Amin took care of us). The rooms are basic, clean, and are a good value. The showers have a strong stream of hot water, the sheets were clean, and all the room's necessities were stocked quickly each day. They even had free breakfast each day we stayed there. The hotel is centrally located in Elberton and is probably the best value in town.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank GraniteHoncho
Reviewed 16 August 2008

My husband and i have stayed at econo lodge in elberton georgia a couple of times when we passed through, this place is very clean, the staff checked with us daily to see if there were anything we needed and seemed geniuenly concerned, clean pool as well as the rooms, we will definately be back!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 1 March 2008

I have family that lives here in Elberton Ga and I stay in the Econolodge at least 3 times a year for 6-7 days at a time.

From the employees to the owner, they could not be nicer or more eager to see that I have everything that I need.

The rooms are clean and neat and equiped with microwave, refrigerator and coffee pot and large TV with HBO, Starz,
Showtime and Cinemax.

The complimentary breakfast consists of hot and cold with something for everyone including fresh fruit, bagles, cereal,
waffels, juice and coffee.

I appreciate the business center located in the loby. I can continue to conduct my real estate business, and keep in contact with my clients by e-mail and phone while I am out of town.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed 12 March 2007

This hotel is no longer the Holiday Inn Express. They lost their franchise in Sept 2006 and I can see why. We checked in and after looking at the room left for another hotel. Dirty and you could see through the sheets on the bed. Very low quality! Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank melissmerr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elberton
2.3 km away
31.8 km away
Days Inn Royston
Days Inn Royston
#1 of 2 in Royston

Been to Magnuson Hotel Elberton? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK