“Great”

Lov'n It Live
Ranked #12 of 60 Restaurants in East Point
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Fabulous live foods with great customer service! We had the nachos (if you love guacamole this is it!) & the sage burger which was delicious! We will definitely visit again!

Reviewed 24 March 2017

We went as a group of about 8 and arrived 30-45 minutes prior to closing. The staff were very welcoming. The menu items range from about $6.50 and up. The prices are fair for fresh organic foods that are prepared when you order. It probably took about 20 minutes to get our meals. That's not bad when you're getting a freshly prepared meal. Between us we ordered the sage burgers, vitality soup, pizza, flax crackers, cucumber salad and the sorrel beverage. Everyone was well satisfied with their meals. A couple of us had to take some home. We probably left about 45 minutes past their closing time. The staff was very respectful the whole time and told us "no problem" when we apologized for coming so late. All of us were from out of town except for 2. The atmosphere was very warm, peaceful and inviting. If I lived in Atlanta, I would definitely go there at least once a month.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

Every meal is made to order, so expect a long wait. Take a friend, catch up, take in the quaint environment and enjoy every bite of your meal! The Nubian Salad was OUTSTANDING, the tostadas, lasagna and vitality soup were all a big hit as well. I finished lunch with a brownie and my friend had "cheesecake." I had to remind myself that everything we had was RAW food. Pricey but worth it. Be mindful gratuity is included in the bill. I tipped twice. I highly recommend the food and I will return!!!!

Reviewed 31 January 2016

This is a great Establishment with outstanding food. I was pleasantly surprised by the menu choices, the quality of the food, and the deliciousness of every dish we ordered. I still can't fathom that all of it was raw, but it was.
This is not a fast food restaurant. If you're in a hurry, order ahead.
I felt completely comfortable having a meal here with my daughters ages 1 and 7. There is a little nook with all types of activities, books, and games for all ages.
The bathroom was clean. The music was relaxing. The other patrons were so cool and friendly. In total, i spent about 3 hours here and that's because I wanted to.
I wanted to sit down somewhere I could eat dessert first (avocado brownie), followed by a fruit salad, and then a spinach salad massaged with an avocado sauce. I wanted to be able to take a break between my meals before the entrees were served (slice of pizza and mushroom steak with wild rice). I wanted to be at a place that didn't rush me up from the table and would allow me to just chill. I wanted to be somewhere that fresh water was continuously available. I wanted to be able to ask about the history of the restaurant and not feel like I was wasting someone's time (thanks Chris).
Was the food expensive? Well let me say this, this experience was worth what I paid. The food was worth what I paid. The ambiance was worth what I paid and quite honestly if I lived in Atlanta, I'd pay for it over and over again.

Reviewed 12 April 2015

My wife and I found this a most interesting restaurant. I'd like to explain why, and will explain my rating of the restaurant.

We were there almost two hours for a very late lunch or perhaps very early dinner. I'm not sure if we had a lunch menu or a dinner menu. The service was as slow as slow can be, but not inattentive. No one was apparently in any hurry, particularly not the kitchen. The menu made explicit that there's a 25 minute wait, but it was probably longer. The waitress answered our many questions, and was helpful, but I'm knocking off a half star for the incredibly slow service. If you're in any kind of hurry you'd knock off maybe two stars, but we weren't in a hurry.

After we'd been there a pretty good while, at a nicely located sparkling clean table, we were moved to another table at the other end of the small L shaped restaurant. This second table was not really clean. The waitress cleaned it, but not very well at all compared to the first table. Apparently we were moved so that the live band could set up (or so we were told), but our original table was moved about three feet, cleaned, and immediately given to two women who'd come in right before we were moved. Perhaps they were the mothers of the band members or something, but it didn't look that way. They didn't seem to know the band members, and seemed less interested in the music than me. I'm deducting a star and a half for this move; it seemed inappropriate, and weird. Why not move us three feet and give the new guests the table we were given?

Our food finally arrived. Not all at once, but (apparently) as it was ready to leave the kitchen. This was fine with us (especially as we'd been waiting "forever"). We were hungry before we arrived at the restaurant, and very glad to be finally getting something to eat.

I had as an appetizer nori rolls which were excellent. The four individual pieces of nori were too large to eat in one bite. Thus the nori rolls were a messy item to eat, but worth the mess. Really delicious! Then, I had cucumbers as a salad, and a (half) nut based "burger" with a flat bread bun. The burger was good sized, and quite good. The cucumber salad was spicy, and wonderfully tasty except it was amazingly salty. I like salt, but a tenth the salt would have been plenty.

My wife had collards wrapped around salad items; this appetizer was similar to my nori rolls. The collard dish was delicious (I had a bite or two). She also had a half spinach salad (which was pretty large). Her salad was as salty as my cucumbers. My wife said she could hardly eat it, and later said she should have sent it back. I had a bite, and agreed with her about the salt.

Why so much salt? Surely not to guarantee we'd never eat there again! For whatever reason it was worth deducting at least a star.

We drank water. There was herbal tea on the menu, but it was $5 which kept me from ordering it. All the drinks were very expensive, some $10. Perhaps they were very special, and worth it, but not to me.

We didn't have time for dessert, but the dessert items sounded good.

All the food was fresh, and the ingredients seemed to be of excellent quality. Of particular interest was the nut-based thick sauce (I'm not sure what to call it) in several of the dishes. It was intriguing, and tasty, and of a most unusual flavor and texture. I'd sure like to know how to make it. The bread of my burger was also an item I'd like to know how to prepare.

Obviously these people have raw vegetarian food down pat. They are experts. They no doubt love what they're doing with their food. The menu is not overwhelming, but it is fairly extensive. Everything is raw. Nothing is cooked. The presentation of the food is excellent, and the individual items are beautifully served. Why so much salt? Had the salt not been so excessive I would rate the food as five stars or maybe four and a half at worst, but the salt just about overpowered the meal. Thankfully not every item seemed so salty, but was there a lot of hidden salt in everything?

The restaurant is decorated with African-themed art which I liked. It's a small place, and unpretentious, but very clean, and stylish, and much to my liking in its decor.

The live music was excellent, not too loud, and appropriate. I liked it very much, especially the keyboard.

There were very few other guests. None of them were friendly to us at all, but were to each other. We got the sense we were being pointedly ignored, like when you attend a party where no one wants you there, and they make it a point to let you know, but in a somewhat subtle manner. No one was actually rude to us or anything like that, and, of course, the restaurant had no role in how its patron acted towards each other, but we felt like we were not in the in crowd for the restaurant, and everyone else was.

Our waitress was friendly enough, and smiled a lot, and had good vibes towards us I felt. I liked her enough to tip her generously and assume the slow service was entirely the kitchen. I don't know why we were moved to a different table, but I'm not faulting the waitress, and will assume it was a management decision, but who knows?

There was a sign near the bathroom which said that members of a certain society receive a 10% discount at the restaurant. We wondered if perhaps most patrons are members, and if there is thus a surcharge for other patrons who aren't members. This restaurant is expensive. Our bill (not counting tip) was about $55. My wife had no entree, just a small appetizer and half a salad. I had only a small appetizer, and a half sandwich/salad combo. We had no drinks, and no dessert. The meal impressed me as enough overpriced to knock off a half star.

I'm going to add a star just because the restaurant is a raw food vegan establishment. That's pretty unique in my experience. In fact, it is my first such restaurant. As a (mostly) vegan eater, I appreciate having had the opportunity to eat in a raw food establishment.

Discounting what I've mentioned about salt, the food was excellent, but the excessive salt can't be ignored! I've never had food with that much salt.

I could rate this restaurant anywhere from half a star to four and a half stars.

1  Thank PeachDawg