“NEVER AGAIN!!!!”

Best Western Mountain View Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in East Ellijay
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Not long ago ( late January)I had the misfortune to stay at the Best Western in Ellijay. The town is cute and quaint....but the hotel should have been called The WORST Western! Terrible breakfast, poorly managed, inattentive staff. I stayed here earlier in the Fall of 2010 and it was much better. The manager must not work very hard or maybe is having vision problems? NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Room Tip: TIP: Good rooms not available at this place.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank jean s
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

My sister and I were at this hotel visiting friends in the area. There was a real sour smell in our room on the second floor so much so that I had to run out and buy air freshner. Breakfast was dried out and no protein-just carbs. Coffee was weak and thin. I noticed a woman clerk cleaning the lobby but later a guy just read and texted on his shift while cigarette butts overflowed from outside ashtrays. Since there was no elevator he could have offered to carry up our bags!

Room Tip: Yes, "stay in the cute town 15 miles to the north but NOT at this Best Western"!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Anne F
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We stayed here Christmas weekend, in between family events. I found the hotel to be a pretty good value. The price was not bad and the hotel was clean. The Continental Breakfast left much to be desired, but everything else was fine.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I am so irate I couldn't even wait for checkout to write my review. If there were other choices in Ellijay I would never stay here again. I say that every time I am forced to stay here for a family reunion. The customer service at the front desk is harsh, rude and unaccomodating.

We had a group rate but because I made my reservations online she would not honor it. It wasn't the difference in money that made me mad, it was her total unwillingness to try to make an adjustment. She kept repeating "we have to pay corporate a commission so we can't change the rate". She was more concerned over the few cents difference in the commission on a few dollars than in customer service. This is not the first time we have had attitude from this same employee.

The rooms are clean enough. There is NO WiFi, you have to hope you brought your own ethernet cable with you.

I truly must find another place. At the price, this is no bargain!

Room Tip: Another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Beautiful, just awesome view we loved the Hotel .Good Breakfast, the Lady at the Front desk was very Nice,The Room was very clean and pretty View out the back window also ,We just loved the It,We would stay there again !!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
25.3 km away
Amicalola Falls Lodge
Amicalola Falls Lodge
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville

Been to Best Western Mountain View Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK