All reviewsfull kitchenstayed for one nightcomfortable bedwould stay againratesattendanthighway
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My wife and dog and I stayed here recently while Phishing in Alpharetta (Verizon Amphitheater is 35 mins. away without traffic, though we did hit traffic), basically because it allowed us to bring our dog and was right off of I-85. Since those were our only parameters for our hotel search, we didn't expect much. We were pleasantly surprised with what we got for the price! The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, and the kitchen area & amenities all appeared to be new. Out back there is a clean pet walk area which we appreciated, and they put pet owners near the doors leading to that area (away from the other guests, keeping everyone happy.)

The pet fee is $15, dogs need to be below 80lbs.

Room Tip: Ground floor was convenient for our dog.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Candlewood_Atlanta, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Atlanta / Gwinnet Place, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2014

Thank you so much for your raving review of our hotel! I am so glad you enjoyed the many amenities and features we have to offer, especially for pet owners. It is our goal for all guests, including our furry guests, to enjoy their stay. Thank you for recognizing our efforts and sharing your experience with others. We hope to see all three of you again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The room was better than expected. Everything was clean, updated, and well appointed. Great location and near many stores and activities. The receptionist, "Chris" was very helpful and friendly. The only issue was trying to book the room for an extra night. The manager made a big deal about staying an extra night to my room. For some reason they wanted me to check out at noon and check back in at 3, which did not make any sense. Chris eventually helped out and I was able to keep the same room for another night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oif3

Thank you for your review! I am delighted you found our hotel to be clean and updated. Also, I will pass on your kind words to Chris about his service! I am, however, saddened to hear that you were inconvenienced during your stay but am glad we were about to provide a solution. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in a great spot. Right off interstate and 20 minutes from downtown. A few things that could have been better was that my icemaker did not work and bed could have been a little softer. But I love the free perks such as washing and dying. Overall, it was a good for the price.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Atlanta / Gwinnet Place, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Ruby M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We understand that having a comfortable stay is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the bed and icemaker. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed here for a week for work and enjoyed the hotel. It was in a good location, next to the Interstate and restaurants. The room was clean and well laid out with plenty of amenities. The staff was helpful and friendly and the other guests were quiet.

I am a fan of the Candlewood Suites in that it feels more like living in a studio apartment than a hotel room. I highly recommend them.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is so nice to hear when a guest has such a great stay! I am happy that you enjoyed our convenient location, clean rooms, ample amenities, and friendly team. We are delighted you are found of our brand and it’s unique home-like feel. We would love to accommodate you next time you are in the Atlanta area.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I see some great reviews for this hotel but we don't agree. The property I very dated and needs a total modernization. The big problem is there is only AC vents in the living room and none in the bedroom. The bedroom only has a return. We could not get lower than 74 in the living room and 78 in the bedroom. Horrible, could not sleep.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Marvin L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Atlanta / Gwinnet Place, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Marvin L,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the air conditioning issue you experienced. We understand the discomfort this caused you. Rest assured that this matter will be looked into. Again, we do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Karen G.