“Very good chaat and sweets”
Review of Gokul Sweets

Gokul Sweets
Ranked #156 of 465 Restaurants in Duluth
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We came here mainly for the chaat and sweets.. really good. Tried their samosa, kachori chaat and dabeli.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This is no doubt the best fast food we had in US. Great food at great price. Excellent fast service. Taste Authentic Indian Fats food.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Felt like chaat and I’d already tried the one in Decatur, which was really good. So finding a closer option was pretty special. There’s a good amount of parking and you can either take-away or dine-in – if you dine in, they come to your table to take the order, not like the Zyka system.

So finally found a place that does live pani puri – they do it at the Decatur one too. You can get the plates with it already made, but if you want to do pani puri rounds, then get it from the stand – it’s served by hand. So after doing 3 sets (you get 6 in each set). I felt I probably shouldn’t have ordered as much as I had already done. Too late…Ordered the Szechuan Noodles – spicy, Kachori Chaat and Masala Dosa.

Pani Puri ($4.49) – was ok, but missing the spicy tangy flavour that the Decatur one had – it had a good mix of spicy and sweet and the fillings were better there as well.
Szechuan Noodles ($6.99) – Decent, but not great. Maybe I should have had the Hakka Noodles instead, that’s usually always a hit. But I just wanted to try something different and well, didn’t work out this time.
Kachori Chaat ($4.99) – Now this was awesome. Really had the right amount of everything – sauces and the mix was perfect.
Masala Dosa ($7.99) – mm no, not very close to what it should be. It’s ok but again, not great.

Quantity – Yea, was more than enough.
Ambience – This place was quite busy, most tables were full. Not as crazy as Decatur busy, but decent.
Service – Was alright, didn’t really come around much to check on you. You have to get their attention to let them know you need something else.
Spice – 3/5 – Not close to what you can usually get, but was alright. Something was missing from the Noodles, or some other flavour at least of what Szechuan should be.
Taste – The chaat is good, I’ve had the samosa chaat as well and that was great. The noodles, dosa and pani puri was average. I’d actually make the drive out to Decatur for the pani puri there. Will have to try the rest of the menu too next time.

Overall, good chaat place. I’d give the Duluth one 3.5 and Decatur a 4, just because the taste is a bit more authentic and well slightly better. Still, it’s way closer than taking the drive over to Decatur and is probably one of the best in the area.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Gokul Sweets located at Abbotts Bridge, Duluth, Georgia, is not only a mere sweet stall but an authentic Pure Vegetarian restaurant. This self service restaurant serves, Lunch, Dinner, deserts,and Chats.

I visited this restaurant in the evening to have snacks. I was amazed to note that a variety of snacks in the form of Chats were available, In addition South Indian dishes like dosas, Poori were available. We ordered Chole Buture. It was yummy and I could not believe that I am in USA.

The Samosas were and the sweets were mouth watering. It was absolutely fabulous.
The ambience is so good on par with the amazing taste of food. Very delicious food and beverages and the commitment to provide such food is laudable.

I hope to come here for my next dinner to have a go for the delicious food.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

I have visiting ATL for a weeding and decided to try this place out. We were in a big group so tried many dishes, all vegetarian since its a vegetarian restaurant . We had the dosa, pani puri, hyderabadi pani puri, schezwan noodles (nice and spicy), malai kulfi the naan seems like the ones that come in a frozen package that you heat up. The food was pretty good but they fell short in service, we asked to bring more pani for the pani puri and the meethi chutney which the forgot and they didnt bring it until we were almost done the meals. One visit was good enough to this place would not go again

1  Thank Merchman

Been to Gokul Sweets? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK