“Best sushi ever ”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

If your visit Atlanta and your a big Sushi fan !!! You have to come here !! they have a big menu with all kind of japanese food the sashimi its crazy fresh !! the prices are very fine !!! and You have to try the miso ram soup and the spicy tuna roll they are very good. 100% recommended !!

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Stumbled across shoya while searching review sites and was very pleased with the choice. Lots of options outside of just sushi although we mainly stuck to the traditional stuff. Will definitely go back to try more. Fairly unassuming outside in strip center near the h mart with interior transporting you somewhere else. Sitting at sushi bar does not provide usual experience sadly since a waitress takes order for everything. Overall I would recommend trying, especially over some hip places.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

A friend told us about Shoya and I was a little skeptical at first. We were welcomed from the start and the food was delicious. Cannot wait to take some friends.
Service: Outstanding
Food: We tried dumplings, sushi, chicken on a stick, lotus root, shrimp tempura and a ramen dish. All great! The menu is huge, but they have pictures! Perfect!
We went during the week. I heard the weekends are crazy!
Very popular with college students and Asians. That is the best testament.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Shoya Izakaya serves the most consistently quality fish in Atlanta that I've had. The nigiri pieces are big, fresh, tender and delicious. The restaurant decor is traditional, wooden walls, busy central kitchen, controlled chaos. It is not a high-end snobitorium. Might not be everyone's taste but I love it.

The menu is gigantic. I found it intimidating on my first visit and others feel the same. Just order a beer and take your time working thru it. Or just order from the sushi menu and call it a day.

Make a reservation. Just showing up could put you in for a long wait.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

It was recommended to us by a friend. We came here for dinner on a Saturday night. Arrived at around 7 and was told it would be "at least" 30 minute wait. There were "at least" 8 to 10 parties ahead of us. Apparently long wait process is usual in this place even on a weekday so be warmed. When we finally sat down, the waitress was very attentive on taking our order and deliver our food. Obviously they want to speed up the dining turnover but she always kept a nice smile and friendly conversation. The food was delicious. I thought the grilled squid should be blacken a little more but that's just the way I like it. Other than the wait, it was a great dining experience.