“Scallops were on point!”
Review of Kitchen Six

Kitchen Six
Ranked #20 of 425 Restaurants in Decatur
Description: Located in the heart of the North Decatur neighborhood, Kitchen Six was created for the community by the community. A group of neighbors saw the need for a casual, fine dining eatery and set out to provide this for their neck of the woods. The mission was to offer an intentionally limited menu by providing an elevated, but approachable, selection. With an intimate 60-seat dining room and bar, Kitchen Six strives to create a unique experience for Oak Grove locals and the surrounding Atlanta area. Concentrating on dinner service and Sunday brunch, the gathering spot is a favorite to enjoy seasonal, rustic cuisine with a Southern touch. The full bar is the ideal place to relax over handcrafted cocktails, wines, and local beers.
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Came here for girls night out during the week. Really enjoyed the scallops. My mom and my sister enjoy the short ribs and fried green tomatoes, hush puppies and pimento cheese plate. The Moscow mule was so fresh and yummy!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent service,thank goodness they had a cancellation and we got a table.
Scallops,red fish special and great appetizers.
Always a pleasure to eat here and they treat you like family.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 16 June 2018

Kitchen Six is a great place to eat at in Decatur Georgia area. When you are in Atlanta put this on your list. They have very good food and service. Their menu is 5 star selection to choose It is a very good place to have a dinner.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Kitchen Six seems like a hidden gem since it does not get as much fanfare as some of the other notable restaurants in town, but it certainly delivers on the same level.
When you arrive, the good news is there is no valet to pay for, but the bad news is parking in this lot is tricky. There are several popular restaurants here and you may have to drive around “hunting a spot”. After we parked we were early so we enjoyed a couple drinks at the bar. The space is small and fills up quickly. The bar is small as well and it too fills up quickly on busy nights. Service at the bar was great. Anyone is welcome to eat at the bar if you choose to. They have a good mixture of craft cocktails, classic cocktails, and a decent selection of craft beer to go along with a good wine list. I mostly stuck with beer, but I did have one of their Margaritas which was refreshing and tasty. I would recommend that drink to anyone!
Once we go to our table our waitress was kind and had good suggestions. Service throughout the meal was good. Food came out quickly but not too quickly.
If you are not familiar with their menu they try to keep things compact. Six “bites”, six “starters”, six “entrees”, and six “desserts”. They always have a house special for the evening and they have an off-menu burger you can order.
We went with a bite of pimento cheese. Don’t let the “bite” fool you. This was three large scoops of pimento cheese with peppers and pickles on them. The portions were large. Probably too much for two people but it was served with some very good crackers so we found a way to enjoy all of it.
As for our entrees I tried the glazed baby back ribs. Loved them! This is not your traditional bbq sauce glazed ribs. We both thought the meat reminded us a little of Chinese prepared ribs with some of the flavors but not too much. They really were delicious the sauce went well with the grits and the roasted apples were a nice touch. Again, I was not hungry the portion size here was appropriate. My wife had the chili braised short ribs which were very tender and delicious as well. They were slightly fatty for her taste but she prefers meat with no fat at all if possible. I tried some and thought they were perfect.
For dessert they had a special that evening of a trifle cake. I wish I could remember all the details, but what I do remember is it was delicious. I also enjoyed a coffee which was fine.
One other quick note that I think deserves mention. As we sat at the bar one of the owners stopped by and introduced himself. Thanked us for coming in and made small talk with us. Also, we recognized the chef when he brought out our pimento cheese order. He was kind enough to say a few words. Neither was necessary but were appreciated. I don’t need to meet the chef or the owner to enjoy an evening meal but it is a nice touch to see them both so invested in their business. We look forward to many future meals here.
This is probably more like a 4.5 but you can't give half stars on tripadvisor.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Kitchen Six bills itself as a locally-sourced, farm-fresh, neighborhood eatery. The daily menu is efficient in offering a very nice variety of six 'comfort' bites, six starters, six entrees and six desserts. In addition, there is often a daily special that is offered by the server. Insider tip: you can also order a hamburger.

I have never had difficulty selecting something I would like in any category and every choice has exceeded my expectation in presentation, creativity, and flavor. I travel quite a bit and finding a hardy, tasty and enjoyable meal is often a challenge. I actually measure other similar eateries (to include gastropubs) against Kitchen Six. Kitchen Six has nailed it every time for me which is why they continue to get my business when I am eating in the area.

The restaurant is open and comfortable; the servers are friendly and inviting.

If you are planning to go on the weekends, be sure to make a reservation.

Date of visit: March 2018