See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 April 2018

This used to be a decent 'budget' hotel. Not sure what has happened, but this place
has tanked in a serious way. I attend a once-yearly even in Dawsonville and, along
with several other parties, have been staying at this hotel every year. Booked here
again this year, and wow - what a surprise we all had. Four separate parties, with
four separate rooms all had similar accounts of the hotel/accommodations. Filthy
carpet, bathrooms, and hard surfaces. In our room, my floor next to the bed had
toenail clippings everywhere. Carpet was filthy inside our room and in the hall
way. Not sure if these folks know how to use a vacuum? Our bathroom had hair in
the floor and the walls of the shower. Someone else in our group swore they had
been bitten by bedbgs.I could go on and on, really. Outside was worse than in. A
meth-head looking homeless woman living in her car in the parking lot, scraggly
looking people milling around at all hours of the day and night
(bright pink hair seems to be the theme at this hotel). Without a doubt, there are
lots of folks using this place as an apartment complex (and I'm not talking about
the construction workers staying there - they were the most decent people out of
what we encountered ). Our last morning there, at 6:30 a.m., I called the police
on the people above us due to the knock-down-drag-out fistfight they were having
(man beating/fighting with a woman). I actually got attitude form the 'manager' for
calling "the law" instead of calling the front desk (a woman in a camo jacket with
an unlit cigarette dangling from her mouth as she talked. No joke.) I could write
more - but why, really? Avoid this place.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
gparuchuri, General Manager at Dawson Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

we apologize for inconvenience it was quite unfortunate for that kind of situation we appreciate your out spoken. We promise we will try our best to make our guests stay as comfortable as possible in future.

chrystal
manager

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I called and booked a room in mid September 2017 for a two night stay in October 2017 and gave the man my information over the phone. I did ask for email confirmation but did not get one. Next week I found out I could not go and I called the hotel and spoke with a lady and she cancelled the reservations for October 2017. I got a bill on my credit card the month of January 2018. I called and told them this was a mistake but I only had my word against theirs and no email confirmation. They told me that it was booked for December which I did not make. Long store short make sure you get an email confirmation or you will be like me and end up paying for a reservation you did not make. Funny on their website they took down where guests can write a review, humm makes you wonder why doesn't it. Beware.

Room Tip: Always get an email confirmation when booking a room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
gparuchuri, Manager at Dawson Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

we apologize for your in convenience,we promise we will work sincerely in future to avoid similar confusion.

chrystal

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Many things promised on their web site are not true. We had no wash clothes both nights we were there. The 24 hr desk is a joke. No one around the first night, girl sleeping in the lounge area the second night. The only person who seemed to care about the guests was an older lady, with white hair, in the daytime. Other hotel staff were rude and uncaring, this includes the guy who appeared to be the manager.
I will stay there again if no hotels are available within fifty miles.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ron J
gparuchuri, Owner at Dawson Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

I am extremely sorry to note,you had uncomfortable stay in Dawson village inn.I apologize for your inconvenience.I would like to mention here we always work hard to provide the best possible service to our valued guests,we know how important you are i promise you will have better experience which will make you change your opinion i am looking forward to receive you .

Paul
owner

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Pleasant welcome. Value for money. The staff was nice and friendly. The rooms were clean.Good size room with very comfortable bed. The room was very clean. The location is very convenient. this is a good place to stay. This is a lovely hotel. I would stay again and encourage others also!!! I can't wait to come back for out next vacation.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
gparuchuri, Owner at Dawson Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Thank you for your positive review on your staying with us we are glad to note valuable guests like you recognized our hard work providing guest services to our valued guests we promise we will keep trying to deliver same in future. Again thank you staying with Dawson Village Inn.Looking forward to see you

Paul
owner

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I arrived to the hotel later at night just being spontaneous trying to get out of the house for a few days. The parking lot was clean but a bit dark to be walking back and forth between the building and the vehicle. The lobby was clean and presentable. The gentleman at the front desk was very helpful. He informed me that online reservations took several hours to show in their system so he got me another room for the same price and canceled the previous one when it showed. The hotel does have smoking rooms which was great for me because I smoke. Walking down the hall I realized not every room was smoking just tobacco. When I entered the room I could immediately tell that this hotel did not care about the appearance of the room or if anything worked. One lamp was missing the bulb, the remotes didn’t work. They had to of the same tv remote but neither one worked. The cable was terrible with hardly any channels. I went around the room to check everything like I do at any hotel. Shelves were broken, picture frames were breaking off the wall. The sheets seemed clean thankfully but other fabrics in the room such as the curtains and chair were pretty gross. They had little stains on them and I refused to touch them. The most surprising thing about this hotel though was that I’m use to finding a Bible in the nightstand, not an adult toy. I can assume that you wouldn’t want your children to find that and bring it to you asking what it is. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
DawsonVillageInn, Webmaster at Dawson Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our Dawson Village Inn and for sharing your experience.
As a service oriented company, the complete satisfaction of our guests is top priority to us, therefore, we strive to cater to all of their needs to perfection. Please be certain that your remarks have been forwarded to the involved departments and the necessary re-training and corrective measures will be implemented in order to prevent similar situations from reoccurring in the future. Nevertheless, your feedback is greatly appreciated, as it helps us to improve our ability to serve you and other guests.
Hotel Manager