“Clean, comfortable, accommodating”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahlonega
Cedar House Inn & Yurts
Ranked #2 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here over night for a weekend getaway from Atlanta. We stayed in the Cherokee Suite, which was clean, spacious and quiet. This bed and breakfast is conveniently located near all the wineries, and a short drive from downtown Dahlonega. We were also close enough to drive into the National Forests for some day hiking. The owners are very friendly and accommodating. There was homemade chai and cookies waiting for us when we checked in (incredible) and breakfast was fresh fruit, blueberry french toast and vegetarian sausage. This was my first visit to a bed and breakfast and I was really pleased. The owners were friendly, but kept a comfortable and appropriate distance. We will defiantly return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and stayed at the Cedar House Inn & Yurts. We could not have asked for a better experience! The innkeepers, Mary Beth and Fred were so helpful and interesting to chat with! Fred, at our request, gave us a tour of their permaculture additions to the property and answered all of our questions. The B&B itself is really cool, our room (The Cardinal Suite) was immaculately clean and inviting. The decor is rustic, but not cutesy in any way. Beautiful art on the walls and has a lodge feel with a bit of whimsy. Lots of areas to lounge and relax, both indoors and out---we especially enjoyed the covered porch. Breakfasts were AWESOME and cookies/tea/coffee out and available all afternoon to nosh if you need to....I will recommend to all of our friends and we will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This was our first experience at a B&B and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The house was unique and extremely pleasant. We enjoyed talking with Fred and Mary Beth, and felt very much at home. The location was perfect for our activities - a couple days of hiking, and another in Dahlonega. I will certainly recommend the Cedar House Inn to my friends traveling to that area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Our activities (MTB, hiking, camping, climbing) usually require long trips out of downtown Atlanta so this birthday weekend was a treat: great trails right outside the front door! My boyfriend and I have some experience with permaculture (and yurts) so I was thrilled to see this listing online. This B&B is enormously charming (NOT cutesy!), spotlessly clean and a welcome respite from the standard fare. We stayed in the Chickadee Room but will be back to stay in the yurts; they are well constructed and as nicely outfitted as the rooms (I didn't realize they are heated so don't hesitate to go during this mild Winter). Breakfast is amazing! All vegetarian (vegan on request) the combinations were perfect and perfectly executed: I think the quiche with Swiss cheese and facon was the best quiche I've ever had!-other delectables were cream cheese stuffed French toast with blueberries, potato-vegetable scramble, fresh fruits and muffins-all fabulous! Usually my boyfriend has to get another meal in before we bike or hike but we ran all day on these breakfasts! And in the afternoon: be sure to have the homemade chai tea (far better than the commercial stuff) and home baked cookies...just amazing touches. The real treats, by far, are the providers of all this goodness: Fred and Mary Beth really made the weekend special! Though we were there for the trails, I think we could have spent the whole day talking and sharing ideas. Fred has singlehandedly transformed barren property in to edible gardens and whimsical living space with, of course, an emphasis on recycling, renewal and sustainability. Even if you have no interest in gardening yourself; take the tour and see how we can begin to feed ourselves in a healthier manner; for us and the planet. Speaking of feeding: Mary Beth will share her recipes and tips generously and you will feel wonderful after her thoughtful, loving meals. Everything made for a picture perfect weekend-thank you!

Room Tip: The Chickadee Room has a large soffit light; you'll see the sun come up but if you're there...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Chickadee Room @ Cedar House Inn this past weekend. It was our first B&B experience and it exceeded all expectations. Mary Beth & Fred were wonderful hosts - very friendly and helpful with ideas of what to do around town- but still gave us space to relax and do our own thing. Mary Beth was a fabulous cook! One of the reasons their B&B looked so appealing to me was because I saw on her website that they both live a vegetarian, eco-friendly lifestyle. If anything I would go back for the breakfasts alone though! :) Fred was very sweet and showed us around the property and explained the art of permaculture to us. We plan to return someday and stay in their yurts when it gets warmer. All and all we had a wonderful visit in Dahlonega and Mary Beth and Fred made our stay that much more special. Thank you! :D
xoxo
Valerie & Ryan

Room Tip: Chickadee Room was very comfortable with an outside door to the room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
19.8 km away
Park Place Hotel
#5 of 8 in Dahlonega
25.1 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen

Been to Cedar House Inn & Yurts? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK