US$ 150
US$ 145
Days Inn by Wyndham Dahlonega(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
US$ 132
US$ 123
Quality Inn Dahlonega(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
US$ 149
US$ 144
Motel Inn(Dahlonega)
US$ 91
US$ 80
US$ 206
Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
US$ 166
  • Breakfast included
US$ 107
US$ 102
The Smith House(Dahlonega)
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
All reviewshorseback ridingthe secret gardenhot tubpicnic lunchget awaymy husband and iour honeymoonbuffet stylebear's dengift shopwagon ridesecluded cabinback porchfamily reunionromantic getawaythe ritzporch swing
Reviewed 7 April 2018

If you are looking for a contemporary-style hotel, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a mountain feel, situated off of the beaten path, this is for you. My wife and I decided on a last-minute Spring Break getaway and happened upon this little place. Upon check-in, the staff was extremely friendly. We stayed in the Tree Topper Lodge, in a room that had two beds, one king and one queen. It had a patio off of the room that is shared with the room next door. There were minor issues with the room like the shower head wasn't attached completely to the wall, the water pressure left a little to be desired, the TV was not in view of the king bed, only the queen. With that being said, the most impressive thing about our stay was the cleanliness. It was very very clean, which made up for any minor cosmetic issues. Part of the charge of our stay was breakfast the following morning. We were directed to the "couples only" dining room. The breakfast was buffet-style with scrambled eggs, strawberry pancakes, hashbrown casserole, sausage, gravy and biscuit, and ham. They also had coffee, orange juice, and water. The food tasted home made and was all very good. My wife especially enjoyed the strawberry pancakes. It was about a 15 minute drive to downtown Dahlonega from the resort. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
resortowner1, Owner at Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for all of the kind words and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We offer a wide variety of accommodations ranging from lodge rooms like the Treetopper Lodge to more contemporary suites in our Mountain Laurel Inn to romantic private cabins.

We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Cupid’s cabin for several nights. It was wonderful. The hot tub was clear and well balanced. The decor was very nice. The gas fire was very romantic. The porch with its swing was a wonderful nature escape. The sheets on the bed are incredibly soft and the mattress very comfortable. The cabin was beautifully secluded in the woods. We found that it’s the little things in this resort that set it apart for us. All of the staff were incredibly friendly and genuinely sought to answer all questions and concerns. It was refreshing to have a staff that weren’t surly or acting like they were being imposed on. The food is all 100% homemade and cooked very well. The breakfast uses real eggs and the dinner although simple again did a wonderful job on our steaks. I would highly recommend Forrest Hills to anyone.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

We spent two nights in a 2-bedroom cabin in the middle of the week to launch our daughter as a thru-walker on the Appalachian Trail.
The cabin was clean and spacious. Plenty of clean towels, the necessities in the kitchen.
The hot breakfast was ample and fresh.
We really appreciated that the restaurant was open for dinner. Limited menu but fresh and nicely prepared.. the steaks were perfectly prepared! Well priced. Aldo appreciated the gift store where we could buy a bottle of wine.
My suggestion is to bring whatever lunch and snacks - it's about a 20 minute drive to restaurants and groceries.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Livingthedream999
resortowner1, Owner at Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I planned a nice romantic getaway for our 24th anniversary. I booked online using resort website. When the confirmation never came, I called the resort to be put on hold for an extended length, so I just hung up to check our banking. Seeing the draft, I assumed our reservations were fine. On the way there, I called again to double check and was told (very bluntly) that our reservations were for the previous night. When inquiring about correcting them, I was rudely told that they were sold out and she didn't have the authority to correct it. I asked what we were supposed to do? She said she'd check and call us right back. We never received that call. After another 2 hours passed, we arrived at the resort. Thankfully they had straightened everything out, the young lady helping us was very friendly and amazing! She gave us a coupon for our carriage ride which was in only 20 minutes. We briefly checked out our cabin and was about out way. During the reservation process, we decided on the fall/winter package. In the comments, I requested an evening carriage ride and dinner request. During the carriage ride, I learned that they don't do evenings except for weddings. The ride was pleasant but did not love up to photos as portrayed on website. Cabin was very spacious but in serious need of a cleaning and maintainance. Front door hard to get to stay closed, ceiling fan was spliced with jumper wire to receptacle, mildew between shower doors, dust and cob webs on the walls and over fridge, air didn't cool, sheets didn't stay on the bed, etc. We did not complain to office bc they were booked and we know there was not another cabin available. At dinner, my husband ordered his steak well done. It came out bleeding. The chef made several very kind attempts to correct but after seeing blood on the plate he wasn't interested in dinner. Overall, the entire resort seemed confused battling with rustic to 80's decor. It was sad bc the potential to have a nice "lodge" is there. Overall, we did have a good weekend unfortunately just not at the resort.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tanya l
Reviewed 3 March 2018

This resort is expansive over many serene, wooded acres. We stayed in one of the “Lovebird” cabins. It was beautiful, immaculate and well-appointed. The restaurant was a short walk from our secluded cabin and the food was good. The decor in the restaurant could have been better attended, but the atmosphere was still nice. Only adult couples allowed in the one we ate at, so that was extra nice! We will go again!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple