All reviews fried chicken carriage house strawberry shortcake all you can eat served family style town square green beans cream corn mine shaft within walking distance rocking chairs pot roast southern food okra north georgia gold museum front porch
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Best night to go is Friday night. You have fried shrimp and chicken, as well as pot roast Saturday and Sunday is fried chicken, ham, and roast beef. Price includes sides, drinks, and dessert, as much as you want. Good food for a reasonable price.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Lisa L
Reviewed 10 June 2018

I really enjoyed the family style dining experience They have some amazing fried chicken. The service was great and it was more than just having a meal it was an experience. I actually enjoyed sitting at a table with my co workers and with total strangers. It gives a good chance to meet new people and share a common bond, "good food and conversation". This was my first time eating at a restaurant like this and I really enjoyed it. All of the vegetables were good but I just cannot brag enough about the fried chicken.

Room Tip: I only went to eat at the restaurant but I would definitely stay at the hotel sometime.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank pransomjr
Reviewed 25 May 2018

I really can't say enough good things about my stay here. It was only for one night but I would go back and stay again in a heartbeat. I had major car trouble as soon as we arrived and knew I wouldn't be able to drive my car the 3 hrs back home. The staff went above and beyond to help me. Their kindness and assistance for us two ladies traveling alone was so much appreciated. Shout out to the manager on Sunday 5/20....sorry I can't remember your name.... I think I was too distracted over the car trouble!

The hotel was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Our room was large with two queen beds that thankfully weren't jammed right up next to each other like most standard hotels. Believe me this is much appreciated if you are sharing the room with someone who snores. The bathroom was small but no biggie since it served its purpose for our brief stay. Our room was very quiet...we didn't hear any outside noise whatsoever.

There was a lady cleaning rooms... i didn't get her name either but she was very kind and friendly. Most of the staff that we encountered were very nice. I can tell you that this means a lot to me as to whether I choose to return to a place or not. Customer service is a lost art at many establishments these days.

We enjoyed their porch with the rocking chairs. Made for a relaxing evening after a busy day to sit and enjoy the nice weather we were fortunate enough to have. Also the hotel is in a great location for walking around town. Thanks so much Smith Hotel.....I hope to return some day!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Basically found this wonderful historic hotel online. It is a restored old home. Rooms are smaller, but very comfortable and very clean. If checking in late, can be a little tricky and have to make arrangement with staff. You can park here and walk around the town without a problem. Staff were very friendly and helpful to point out local areas of interest. (had local maps available for free) Bonus: they have a family style restaurant in the basement. Food was fantastic southern cooking. Great time sitting with the family after a long day of sightseeing. (discount if staying at the hotel).
Again, great character, clean room, would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Fl5becks
FreidaWB, General Manager at The Smith House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us and our historic town. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

We stayed one night at the Smith House and it's right at the corner of the city square and the University. It's quite safe and comfortable. The price for a Thursday night was extremely reasonable. They have free wifi and a small continental breakfast. Parking was plentiful. The room was medium, but the bathroom was smallish. The A/C was fairly loud, but it did a great job. Staff was quite helpful and friendly. We'd definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple