“Not impressed”

Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 25
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Meadow Drive
Description: The Gasthaus Restaurant is located in Cumming Georgia and serves authentic German and European cuisine. Owner and Chef Reinhold Weger invites you to our cozy restaurant to enjoy a wonderful meal or to relax in the Bier Garden with one of our German draft beers.
Reviewed 23 February 2018

Food was not very good and prices were high. The snitzel is very thin portion. The Jagersnitzel appeared to have a commercial gravy poured on top. Few to no mushrooms visible. Desert uninspiring as well. I would not recommend.

1  Thank JR2000

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We have been here twice. The first time I ordered Wienersnitzel and it was excellent . The Jagersnitzel was not as good.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Is this a restaurant? If so, let the staff know. No host or hostess or anywhere that looked like a reception desk so we wandered around the tiny house, then into the charmingly ramshackle beergarten, which is tiny and featured a wonderful oompah duo.

We asked two waitresses about getting a table and anothher about getting a beer. They all seemed confused. One of them eventually came back, thrust a beer list at us, and scurried off. A gentleman in lederhosen asked if we wanted a table, we said yes, and he turned and left without saying another word. Never came back.

With no opportunity for food, drink, or seating, we left. Certainly a strange and unfulfilling experience.

1  Thank spingal26
Brian N, General Manager at Gasthaus Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

I was the gentleman in the lederhosen, I left to find an open table to bring out to the beer garden since all the other tables out there were taken as was the case inside as well. I found one but it was in need of cleaning so I asked the busboy to clean it and meet me in the beer garden with it as that is where you said you wanted to be seated. When I came back to tell you that it would be a couple of minutes you were gone. I'm sorry we do not have a reception desk, but as you stated we have but a tiny house built in the 1930's and there is no where to put one. We usually greet our guests at the front door but being down one server (out with bronchitis) and being a Saturday night in October (akin to New years eve for other restaurants) I was running food and assisting the servers with the guests already in the restaurant. As for my servers they were not confused but extremely busy since they each had at least one more table than usual.

I invite you to come back and give us another try as we will have the same oompah duo back this Saturday, but please maybe make a reservation. Then you can actually grade us on our service and food not on our ability to find a table on an extremely busy night.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

This place has gone down hill since Heidi & Herman retired. Not what you remember. Sometimes the food is served cold, the service is from kids, not the typical 20-30 yr old staff.

1  Thank SippySIP
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Grew up in Germany and fell in love with the food. This is the only place around that makes the food as yummy as what I remember as a kid. Not the biggest place, so make a reservation if you can. The outside patio is amazing at night.

Been to Gasthaus Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK