“Not bad. but not amazing either”
Review of Sri Krishna Vilas

Sri Krishna Vilas
Ranked #206 of 275 Restaurants in Cumming
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

In a city where there are so many Indian choices (e.g. Madras Chettinaad), you have to be on your game to survive. My experiences here haven't been as bad as the others. It's 5 minutes from home, so very convenient. The dosas are yummy (although the chutneys are somewhat bland and the sambar doesn't have the hint of jaggery that I like). The chaat is filling and is served in large portions, although, again, same problem - just doesn't have quite the taste you're looking for in Indian food. And the vegetarian cutlet - meh, nice filling, but really greasy.

The service (counter) was nice enough, never had any complaints about it. I think this is a place that could be pretty good if they buck up.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We ordered Poori and the potato curry that came with looked like they diluted it with water. We also ordered Rava Dosa and it looked like regular dosa. When we went and asked the people there..they replied SO RUDE saying that is how rava dosa is..I have eaten Rava Dosa all my life and I never had to tell anyone that this is not Rava Dosa.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

This is my second review of this restaurant: before I called for the Management to improve. Well... they have become worse. Today we went in for lunch at around 11:45AM. Tried to order lunch items. "We have a large catering order, so it will take 20 minutes". OK, we were willing to wait 20 minutes, so can we order dosas? "You can order anything, but it may take 20 minutes . Or 40 minutes..." We did not wait for that to become 60, 80, 120 etc. Walked out. It's not their cluelessness that gets me - that is the Management's fault after all. It's the in-ur-face we-don't-give-a ****** " attitude that is unacceptable from anyone. This restaurant should be closed down, since they don't offer what they advertise.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Just another run of mill restaurant. Nothing fancy to write about. Slow service. Tasks is okay I would call it anything superior that would taken me back there. The demand is there so there is no pressure to go overboard to impress customers. Go here if you don't have other choices. Don't expect to be floored. Ravi dosa was good, thali was just okay, poori was good. Naan was sort of okay not like North Indian restaurant.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

We have been going here for as long as they have been open. The food is good, wait times are very reasonable. The crew are actually nice people, if a hungry person has the extreme patience to see things from their perspective while standing around waiting for service or just to place an order. Which is my gripe. For months now, their management has been leading them on a downhill race. Familiar Indian Restaurant syndrome: work hard, serve good food at good prices, gain a repeat-visiting clientele then lose all interest and treat them like (never mind). You order standard menu items (veg thali, at a veg restaurant, hello???) as advertised right in front of you, well into the lunch hour and famished, and you get a casual: "naat ready, maybe 30 minutes!" This has gone for a long time, and I have resisted the urge to post here. But this Sunday sent me over the top. Busiest time of the week - and they had ONE clueless kid standing around gaping at customers, another sort of wandering around clueless. Spent a long time chatting with the customer in front of me (about a messed-up order), we stood patiently waiting our turn. OK, Clueless 2 came around and gave the customer some order, then he went off somewhere. Clueless 1 just stood there ignoring us, wandered around.. eventually grinned at me and said: "He will come back". Which he eventually did and I placed our order. Busy time, no doubt, and Clueless 1 was again alone and totally at sea, trying to handle orders coming on to the kitchen ledge fast, and trying to pack them for ...takeout customers. My order came (no fault of the kitchen, they were FAST!) and I picked it up. Clueless 1 was supposed to give me the condiments on a separate tray, but did not - went off serving other customers, leaving me standing there trying not to make any comment. Eventually I got a word in to please get me the condiments. Another 5 minutes of waiting around, then "Whaat do you want?" And gave me about half of what he is supposed to have given me.

This is clearly the fault of the management. The owners, unless they are determined to go broke and close the restaurant, should consider using the managers' posteriors for soccer practice. Getting VERY hard to justify the 12-mile drive to go there and get this sort of service, sorry to see another good-food place go under.

Been to Sri Krishna Vilas? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK